Start Your Mornings Right With IKEA’s First :59 – Getting Ready in a Shared Space #First59

first 59Our mornings are hectic with all three of our girls going to school from the moment we wake up it;s go, go, go! That first hour has to be our busiest and that’s why we are partnering with Ikea to develop real solutions to tackle our biggest morning struggle which is our girls all getting ready in a shared space.

We might have a large home but our girls all still share a bathroom so our morning struggles can easily been seen right in the bathroom.
getting ready in a shared spaceOur girls have their own rooms but a loot of our morning routine is spent in the bathroom getting ready for the day. From hair to making sure their teeth are brushed our bathroom is a shared space in which they all have to get ready.

2One of our biggest challenges in the morning is having storage so everyone can find the things they need. My oldest can’t keep her own things organized because her younger sisters will tear through it. I have found that she now needs her own storage solutions.

I have found some our our biggest morning struggles are related to storage solutions and with kids it’s so important to keep things simple and organized. ikea bathroom beforeOur youngest kiddos have trouble keeping things cleaned. Easy access is a must for them and it’s something we don’t have right now. As an Ikea First :59 Panelist I will have the opportunity to work with Ikea find real solutions to make our morning routine a little easier.

Life is morning madness, and discovering ideas to turn it into a great day is IKEA’s goal with their new First :59 program. The first hour of the morning can be challenging, hectic and stressful. In a recently conducted survey IKEA wanted to identify where people’s biggest morning struggles were and they found that 72% people responded that a stressful morning affected their entire day.   I have to agree here! There’s nothing like struggling to get going in the morning to set the mood for an entire day. As a busy mom I often look for solutions to make my families life a little easier.

Ikea is making mornings easier with their simple storage solutions. You can find your own inspiration and start by checking out the First :59 Pinterest Board. You can also follow socially with #First59 and your share struggles.

I want to know what is your first 59 like? Where does your family struggle in the morning?

1. Simplify Your Morning Routine #First59 on October 5, 2014 at 4:53 pm

[…] rush. Between the kids getting up and out of the house the first hour of our day is the busiest. We recently shared some of our biggest morning struggles and with the help from IKEA we found some real solutions for […]

2. Emily on September 24, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I can NOT believe how big your girls are getting! They are so sweet! I’d love more bathroom storage!

3. Chrysa Duran on September 23, 2014 at 4:22 am

I get up at least an hour earlier … or let’s say that 59 minutes to keep me from having a hectic morning. Love this post and your photos! The mornings do set the tone for the entire day.

4. Amber K on September 22, 2014 at 6:51 pm

My main struggle is getting going. It takes all of my energy to get up, shower and brush my teeth – for the next hour I’m trying to wake up.

5. Tami on September 22, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Waking up is the hardest part for me. Just getting out of bed! I am not at all a morning person. Once I am over that hurdle, it’s smooth sailing for me.

6. Chrystal @ YUM eating on September 22, 2014 at 11:10 am

My first 59 generally start with me waking up and trying to push past the arthritis pain to make it out of bed and then rush to the door, sounding like a herd of elephants to let the dogs out.

7. Pam on September 22, 2014 at 10:00 am

No young kids in our household anymore but I remember those days. Now the mornings are a breeze. I use to have to get up at 5 am to get myself and everyone else ready but I think having all boys was a little easier than girls. I love Ikea products and they have a solution for just about everything.

8. Brandy on September 22, 2014 at 6:35 am

We don’t really struggle much in the mornings, I can say mornings and nights getting my 6 and 8 year old boys to brush their teeth is hard. My 8 year old has high functioning autism and feels it’s a waste of his time to have anything to do with hygiene. The little one just is stubborn. I do it, but man it’s a battle both morning and night! Our mornings go smoothly so as long as every one wakes up on the right side of the bed and are not fighting for the bathroom (we are a family of SIX with one bathroom and we ALL get up around same time during school year)

9. Beth@KCMompreneurs on September 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm

You have beautiful daughters. So excited that IKEA just opened a store in Kansas City. Can’t wait to visit the store.

10. Ann Bacciaglia on September 21, 2014 at 7:30 pm

My kids are teens so they do their own thing in the morning. When they were younger we had many crazy mornings where everyone was running around before school.

11. Katrina on September 21, 2014 at 4:51 pm

We struggle a little in the bathroom, but luckily everyone seems to be on a 10 minute schedule delay, lol, I’m up, then the twins get ready, the Anthony’s up, then the hubby, If we all had to get out the door at once I would be pulling my hair out with one bathroom.

12. aimee fauci on September 21, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I think my first 59 is getting my girls up and out of bed and making sure they brushed their teeth and can find their shoes. It goes quick so it’s a little bit of stress.

13. Donna on September 21, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I have to say with one child who is 11 and has his own bathroom, it’s not too bad. And he is a dream to get up in the mornings. *knocks wood* 🙂 I do make sure I have as much as possible done the night before so everything does go smoothly in the mornings. During the week before the first 59 are up my son is already at school for a good 10 minutes. 🙂

14. Debbie L. on September 21, 2014 at 3:48 pm

When y kids were home it was nuts at our house. Now with just hubby, King and me – we really have stress free mornings.

• Jenn @TheRebelChick on September 22, 2014 at 3:36 pm

ha ha! I was just thinking the same exact thing. My daughter gets herself up for school and is gone before I even wake up. The only stress I have in the mornings is feeding all of the pets!

15. Mitch on September 21, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Waking up is the struggle! And having only one bathroom is the second struggle! But I do need some book shelves for Paulie’s desk, must go to Ikea.com now!
    thanks,
    Mitch

16. Marina on September 21, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Ah. Good old first :59… They are a strange combination of horror and wonderfulness.

17. Mama to 5 BLessings on September 21, 2014 at 11:03 am

We struggle getting started with our daily homeschooling. Once we are started we are good but we get a slow start most days.

18. Carlee C on September 21, 2014 at 4:40 am

My 5 year old daughter seems to struggle with just getting up in general. She either doesn’t want to get dressed, or eat her breakfast. It makes for a fun morning.

19. Jenna Wood on September 20, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I usually try to ignore the first 59…..but that’s the luxury I have since there are no kids afoot yet. On days when I have to get up on a schedule, finding the energy to get the bed made and myself fed is the toughest.

20. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on September 20, 2014 at 7:50 pm

We have a smaller main bathroom that I get my 3 girls ready in, it’s tough. It’s doing the hair, I need a better system/storage in place, and I’m admiring that hair band holder on your wall too … 😉

21. Jenn @TheRebelChick on September 20, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I am so jealous of your bathroom, my bathroom vanity is half that size! LOL We hardly have ANY bathroom storage because our bathroom is still original to 1959. We pretty much only keep the necessities in the bathroom and tend to put hair products and whatnot under the vanity, which has a door, to keep the clutter to a minimum.