Back To School Lunch Made Easy With Bumble Bee®

Bumble Bee®It’s time to send the kids back to school and for our family that means we’re packing extra lunches since all three of our girls are going to school. As a busy mom who is often in a rush in the morning I want lunch to be easy and fast but look and taste great too!

There’s nothing wrong with having a little fun with your lunch and one item on the menu that I know will please my kiddos is sandwiches. Tuna sandwiches are easy to make, you can prep ahead the night before and assemble in the morning. Bumble Bee® makes creating lunches simple and easy. You can create your own favorite tuna salad or check out Bumble Bee’s own custom recipes. You can find their premium tuna in cans but I really like the pouches. There is no draining, no waiting to open the can, they’re easy to store in my cupboard and I can easily grab on and go if I need to for lunch on the go!

This year I am really inspired to make lunch fun and exciting for my girls, it’s funny how such a simple detail can really impact their day and I want them to know I care about them even while I’m not at school. So making lunch fun is what I really aim to do and this school year I have succeeded!

bumble bee tuna

Tuna Salad Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 1 5 oz package of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in a pooch
  • 1 cup of mayo
  • 1/4 cup pickled relish
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery & onion mix

Tuna is one of those easy things to make so I like to keep it simple. Mix everything up and put it on your favorite bread! I also like using different cookie cutters to create fun shapes. You can easily turn an ordinary lunch into an extraordinary lunch with just a few simple details.

I found a small loaf of wheat bread. Some days I just did plain square sandwiches and some days why not have a little extra fun? I used a basic tuna salad and put it on the bread. I cutout flower cheeses and added cilantro on top for a little zest and fun flavor. Then cut out the entire sandwich with a cookie cutter. I have found larger cutters that are meant for sandwiches so it makes cutting vegetables easy and fun too. I have a set that has multiple sizes and that’s what I used to create this lunchbox.

Bumble Bee bts

Since I made two mini sandwiches for this lunch I just used a mini sandwich box like you would get with any lunchbox set. For added fun I added an extra slice of cheese on top of the sandwich. Then for the rest of the lunch we added cucumber and grapes and there’s a filling lunch our girls will enjoy!

bumble bee tuna lunchbox bumble bee tuna lunch

For more recipe ideas visit BumbleBee.com and be sure to find Bumble Bee® on PinterestBumble Bee® on Facebook and Bumble Bee® on Twitter.

How are you making lunch fun?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. Rosie on September 29, 2014 at 8:14 am

You make everything so adorable and yummy looking – when I was a kid, I didn’t eat breakfast and ate hardly any lunch, to my mom’s chagrin – maybe a lunch like this would have changed everything!!

2. Nicole on September 19, 2014 at 7:28 am

I love Bumble Bee products & creating lunches with them for the kids. The have a awesome snack wrap recipe on there site that i love to make.

3. Mary Dailey on September 18, 2014 at 8:27 pm

These are such cute ideas for school lunches, or even on weekends. I know my grandkids would love them!

4. Julie Wood on September 18, 2014 at 7:34 am

I love this brand of tuna. I like the relish and the celery and onion mix. I think it gives the tuna a good flavor. I will have to try this recipe!

5. Amy Orvin on September 16, 2014 at 5:00 am

I would love to try this nice recipe. How yummy!

6. Barbie's Beauty Bits on September 8, 2014 at 7:28 pm

How fun and creative with the sandwiches. These tuna packs come in great, especially if you are out of the area. Had to use them when I was training and trying to eat healthy. Helped me stay away from the fattening foods at the restaurants near the hotel.

7. Travel Blogger on September 8, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I use Bumblee Bee for my lunches too! Although mine arent nearly as cute as these. 😉

8. Krystal's Kitsch on September 8, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I am so impressed! This is adorable. I love the flower cutters for the sandwiches.

9. Rosey on September 8, 2014 at 11:26 am

Everything looks so cute! I loved packing lunches but found out the kids were not overly pleased w/their packed lunches when their friends were getting hot lunch. They’re hot lunch this year… we’ll see how it goes. 😉 I hope they change their mind and want to pack again, I like packing. 🙂

10. melinda on September 8, 2014 at 9:35 am

the cookie cutters really make it so kid friendly. would love if you shared this on our #kidsinthekitchen linky

11. Brandy on September 8, 2014 at 7:31 am

This is a fun back to school lunch idea, I am working on being creative this school season with the boys for their cold lunches. I am not sure tuna will work for them, but I do know they love PB and J as well as ham, turkey etc so working on what will help them eat better as well as foods that will keep their energy and brains working right at school!

12. marina on September 8, 2014 at 6:34 am

I do shapes and favorite treats to make school lunches more fun. Both my kids prefer home packed lunches for that one reason. 🙂

13. Felicia on September 7, 2014 at 8:50 pm

These are great ideas. I always forget about tuna for school lunch. Thanks for the ideas!

14. Shop with Me Mama (Kim) on September 7, 2014 at 8:20 pm

VERY cute little tuna sandwiches! I love how cookie cutters can make things so cute and fun! I will be trying this for my kids. I want to be creative with their lunches, so this will be fun to try!

15. Katrina on September 7, 2014 at 6:28 pm

I love those cutters! We’ve been trying to eat healthy lately so tuna is a big part of our diet.

16. Pam on September 7, 2014 at 5:53 pm

What a cute way to make kids love their lunch. Just so adorable and healthy and simple too.

17. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com on September 7, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Yum! Tuna salad is a huge favorite in my house! My daughters would flip if I did this for them!! Super cute!

18. Pam on September 7, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I need to work harder on making lunch fun. I pack the same thing every day, and it’s kind of boring.

19. Dawn on September 7, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Easy is great. Healthy is great. Easy and healthy is the bomb. Also, I love these pouches. No more tuna juice all over my counter!

20. Catherine S on September 7, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I love easy and healthy lunches. Using the cookie cutters is a really neat and fun idea.

21. Tiffany (Fabulous Mom Blog) on September 7, 2014 at 1:43 pm

My kids love tuna after school. This salad you made sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

22. Tami on September 7, 2014 at 11:39 am

I love your lunchtime creations. The sandwiches are so cute. 🙂

I love tuna, I can eat it everyday if I have too.

23. April on September 7, 2014 at 11:35 am

I love seeing all the fun lunchbox ideas! Makes me want to make lunchbox meals for our homeschool!

24. Ann Bacciaglia on September 7, 2014 at 10:28 am

I love the idea of using the cookie cutters. Tuna is a great snack for lunches or anytime.

25. Debbie L. on September 7, 2014 at 5:30 am

Bumble Bee makes the best tuna. I buy the packs for my lunch – easy to eat and resealable – resealable is perfect for working in the ER

26. Mary O'Malley on September 6, 2014 at 9:12 pm

I love the cheese shapes you made. Thanks for sharing the excellent recipe for tuna salad sandwiches.

27. Ben @ Cheap is the New Classy on September 6, 2014 at 6:37 pm

This looks simple to make and really fun. Honestly, though, I’m most impressed with the fact that I don’t have to dig for a can opener and then drain a can. That’s awesome.

28. Jaime on September 6, 2014 at 6:34 pm

This just reminded me that I ordered more sandwich cutters this week and I think they arrived today. I do a lot of shapes for my son’s meals. He loves them!

29. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on September 6, 2014 at 3:19 pm

What a fun idea!! We don’t eat seafood in our house, but I might use that with some chicken salad or turkey!

30. Jessica Beard on September 5, 2014 at 12:29 pm

You have such creative ideas! I need to use a cookie cutter more often to make lunches fun. I make animal pancakes and fruit animals to make it fun.