Your Universal Studios Hollywood Super Silly Fun Land Guide

We were invited for a media event, all opinions are our own.

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (2)One of our favorite places to visit is Universal Studios Hollywood, there’s nothing like watching movies truly come to life that makes for an extraordinary adventure! Newly opened at Universal Studios Hollywood is Super Silly Fun Land, where Minions reek mayhem and your family is bound to have lots of fun!

In Super Silly Fun Land you will find The Minion Ride, a Minion themed water play area and adjacent is Gru’s Lab Cafe.  A nearby dry zone invites your climb, jump and slide, while a Minion-themed ride, “Silly Swirly Fun Ride,” will soar and spin guests around for a 360-degree view of “Super Silly Fun Land” aboard a fleet of uniquely styled ride vehicles.

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (3)A highlight of Super Silly Fun Land is the memorable “Super Silly Space Killer” arcade game, where Agnes “won” her lovable stuffed unicorn (“It’s so fluffy!”). You will have a chance to try and beat the odds as they vie to win Minion game prizes and their own stuffed unicorn.

Silly Swirly Fun Ride

Universal Studios Despicable Me 2 Ride Hollywood  (1)This ride will have your whole family smiling from ear to ear as you whip up and down on this super silly fun ride! Our girls had so much fun on this ride!

Universal Studios Despicable Me 2 Ride Hollywood  (4)Each of the super silly bugs had different features and there were plenty of lights and fun music to add to the fun. Plus there were great views of Super Silly Fun Land!

Universal Studios Despicable Me 2 Ride Hollywood  (5)

Universal Studios Despicable Me 2 Ride Hollywood  (2)It was so fun to ride the ride over and over again and it’s one of our new favorites at the park!

minion playThis colorfully themed, interactive Minion-inspired outdoor venue is a literal interpretation of the seaside carnival from “Despicable Me,” designed to entertain guests of all ages with its more than 80 different water-play features.

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (5)There are changing rooms and you can purchase adorable Minion themed merchandise that’s perfect for the water! You’ll want it because you’re going to get wet!  As a mom I really appreciated the changing rooms so close to the water play area.

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (6)Our kiddos had a great time exploring and playing with all the different water features!

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (7)There’s plenty to do too because there’s so many areas to play in!

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (10)

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (9)Watch out climbing up above there’s a bucket that dumps water on everything below!

despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (8)despicable me waterpark universal studios hollywood (1)With the heat of summer here in California this play area is a must so bring a change of clothes and get ready to have fun!

grus lab cafeUniversal Studios Hollywood Grus Lab Food (2)After all that fun you will want to eat and Super Silly Fun Land also has Gru’s Lab Café! The Minion Mayhem continues with plenty of freshly prepared menu options.

On the menu you will findVector’s Grilled Cheese With Pulled Pork Sandwich, El Macho’s Nacho’s and Gru’s Backyard Rotisserie Chicken. All great menu choices and we enjoyed our Minion themed meals.

Universal Studios Hollywood Grus Lab Food (3)There is also of course plenty of unique Desserts featuring Banana Chocolate Shakes, Despicable Me Baked Items and Fresh Fruit Cups. Don’t forget your Minion souvenir cup.

Universal Studios Hollywood Grus Lab Food (1)My girls couldn’t get enough of the adorable Minion themed desserts and they were a special way to end our meal at Gru’s Lab Cafe’.

play

After you eat you will want to play again so we took our girls to the outdoor dry play area.

Despicable Me Playground Universal Studios Hollywood (2)Little ones can climb and slide and have fun with this fully themed play area.

Despicable Me Playground Universal Studios Hollywood (1)There’s so many fun things happening at Universal Studios Hollywood and your family will have a super silly fun time!

To plan your visit or to purchase tickets visit UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Be sure to stay connect socially on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

1. Danielle @ We Have It All on August 5, 2014 at 4:08 pm

This looks like such a great place for little kids – I didn’t know Universal had this stuff.

2. Alesha @ Full Time Mama on August 5, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I haven’t been to Universal Studios since I was little… It’s clear I need to go back and take my kids! I am loving the splash pad!

3. Kecia on August 4, 2014 at 8:00 am

Looks like a great place to spend the day! I want to visit all of the Universals at some point!

4. Rosey on August 4, 2014 at 7:49 am

We haven’t been there, but I’ve wondered how it would be for the smaller kids. Now I know. Thanks for detailing it.

5. Krystal on August 3, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I’m a regular at universal orlando! It’s such a fun theme park!

6. Janell Poulette on August 3, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I didn’t realize they had this at Universal. We really need to plan a trip. My kids would love this!

7. Angela S on August 3, 2014 at 5:58 pm

What a magical time you had! You really captured the fun and highlighted some great features of the park.

8. Brandy on August 3, 2014 at 5:54 pm

What a great place to visit, looks like so much fun! I love this.

9. Pam on August 3, 2014 at 5:21 pm

I live a few minutes from this Universal Studios and we use to take our kids there several times a year and then all of our relatives that would visit. Boy has it changed and it looks wonderful.

10. Tami on August 3, 2014 at 4:36 pm

This looks like so much fun!! Your pictures are priceless…I love the one of the Minion squirting water at your daughter. 🙂

11. Jaime on August 3, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I visited Universal in Hollywood a few years ago. It was so much fun – and after seeing your photos, I definitely want to go back (and take my son!)

12. Debra on August 3, 2014 at 10:22 am

I’ve never been to Universal before. It looks like it is a lot of fun. We don’t get out to CA too often, but I’ve got to remember this when we do go.

13. Lisa on August 3, 2014 at 10:17 am

That looks like a lot of fun! I love the themed eats at Universal too!

14. Dawn on August 3, 2014 at 9:11 am

This is a really great guide. It’s very in-depth and the models you found for the pictures are just adorable. =D Seriously, though. It can be difficult to find everything in a place that big.

15. Ann Bacciaglia on August 3, 2014 at 8:17 am

I would love to go to Universal Studios Hollywood. Looks like you guys had a great time and I love the photos of the food. The chicken and corn look really good.

16. Pam on August 2, 2014 at 4:21 pm

That looks like such a fun place to visit! I love the minion desserts.

17. Katrina on August 2, 2014 at 3:23 pm

My son is addicted to anything minions, so we are planning a Universal trip for December. This was a great preview!

18. Jennifer on August 2, 2014 at 3:12 pm

ah I’m so jealous. The Universal Studios in Florida doesn’t have this 🙁 We just have one Minion Ride. This looks sooo fun. I know my girls would love it because they just ran over and “ooh” and “ahh” over your pictures, lol

19. Chrystal @ YUM eating on August 2, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Minions are the best. I would have been just as excited as the kids!

20. Rob on August 2, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Looks like an awesome day especially the water park. I really like the desserts especially the minion cupcakes.

21. Virginia @thatbaldchick on August 2, 2014 at 12:11 pm

That Minion Play area looks like a load of fun! My kids would absolutely never want to leave!

22. Shop with Me Mama (Kim) on August 2, 2014 at 11:58 am

Oh what a super fun place to visit!! Your girls are soo adorable!

23. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com on August 2, 2014 at 11:40 am

Wow! I don’t even know what to say. This looks like such an incredible place. Hoping to visit one day, my kids would be over the moon!

24. Debbie L. on August 2, 2014 at 3:49 am

What a fun day! The kids and I would love this – checking it out for our next visit to CA or FL!

25. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on August 2, 2014 at 3:13 am

That looks like so much fun. I have been to the one in Orlando, but not the one in Hollywood.