Spend More Time Enjoying The Outdoors Bug Free

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hot Shot® Insecticides.
enjoy the outdoors
As summer winds down and the weather starts to cool we are finally starting to hang out outdoors again in the evening. It always seems like as soon as we head outdoors the big seem to follow so there are some thing we do to keep the big away so we can better enjoy our time outdoors as a family.

Hot Shot® Insecticides is the easy way to get rid of pesky bugs like ants and hornets. They are easy to use sprays and really works! Rid ants back patio (3)
One of the worst things is going to enjoy a fun family night when the ants start to swarm. Using Hot Shot® Insecticides you can easily get rid of those ants so you can better enjoy your food. For us we enjoy making our desserts together.

Simple waffle ice cream cones, chocolate, coconut, bananas and marshmallows make for an easy s’more that’s so easy everyone in the family can join in!

Rid ants back patio (2)

Just fill your cone with ingredients and wrap in tin foil. Place by the heat to warm and enjoy hanging out together outside while your dessert is prepared!

Rid ants back patio (4)
After a few minutes they will be warm enough to be melted and make the perfect treat for enjoying together.

Rid ants back patio (5)
It’s nice to stay bug free to be able to enjoy those moments outside together. With a family full of girls bugs are one of their least favorite things so it’s nice that there are products that help us better enjoy the time we send together!

Rid ants back patio (1)

Right now you can celebrate the art of hide and seek by sharing your favorite hiding spot in the Hot Shot® Insecticides Hiding Spaces Sweepstakes on their Facebook fan page.

How are you spending time outdoors as a family?

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hot Shot® Insecticides.

1. Camesha on August 21, 2014 at 10:06 pm

The ants have been in full force around here. I’m just thankful that we’ve been able to keep them OUTside!

2. Beth@KCMompreneurs on August 21, 2014 at 9:09 pm

We didn’t spend as much time outside as we would have liked. But that dessert bar looks delish!!

3. Amy on August 21, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I have a huge spider issue this year! I need so e of this for my back yard!!

4. Ann Bacciaglia on August 21, 2014 at 5:31 pm

We have been enjoying our yard this summer. I am looking forward to my new house, it has a pond i can enjoy.

5. Krystal's Kitsch on August 21, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Looks like such a fun night outside! Thanks for sharing your tips to keep bugs away!

6. Tonia @TheChattyMomma on August 21, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Wow…that’s some yummy deliciousness you all made. I’m sure the ants would have a field day trying to get some. Good thing you have Hot Shot.

7. Theresa on August 21, 2014 at 10:42 am

Bugs can definitely ruin a good outing! I need to get some Hot Shot to keep ours bug free!

8. Christie on August 21, 2014 at 10:21 am

What a great twist on smores! And yay for no bugs!

9. Danielle @ We Have It All on August 21, 2014 at 9:28 am

I’m DYING to make smores that way! They look so good! On a side note – I have issues with ants if we drop even one tiny crumb so I need to look into that spray. Thanks!

10. Chrysa on August 21, 2014 at 8:47 am

I love that S’mores idea! They look so yummy and fun to make too!

11. Melissa @ This Girl's Life Blog on August 21, 2014 at 8:07 am

Those desserts look super yummy! You definitely want to keep the ants at bay.

12. Chrystal @ YUM eating on August 21, 2014 at 6:58 am

I live in the country and bugs are high and mighty out here. Once in a while we have an ant problem in the house, but it’s easily combated. Don’t have too much of a problem with wasps or hornets because we don’t let the nests get built in the first place. When you have out buildings, it’s second nature to destroy them the minute you see the first stages. Roaches are not a problem here but we do get a lot of boxelder bugs in the fall because of the bushes we have around our house.

13. Melinda on August 21, 2014 at 5:53 am

they look amazing. The bugs are why we don’t use the fire pit enough outside.

14. Tracey on August 21, 2014 at 4:50 am

HotShot is a great thing to have on hand. You never want to let bugs ruin a good time.

15. Maria Oller on August 20, 2014 at 10:54 pm

We have can of hotshot for ants it’s a leftover form last year summer t helped us to get rid of ants and they didn’t come back this year

16. Kiwi on August 20, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I love your family outdoor bonfire…I really want one once I get my own backyard/porch area. Love the pics and thanks for sharing about Hot Shot!

17. Virginia @thatbaldchick on August 20, 2014 at 8:06 pm

What a beautiful day to enjoy waffle cones! Invite me over, next time? I had to start spraying the patio before meals outdoors because my kids decided to feed the ants. Now if we walk out with a plate, they come in droves.

18. Liz Mays on August 20, 2014 at 7:50 pm

What a perfect way to enjoy a summer treat. I’m all for having Hot Shot on hand just in case too!

19. Dawn on August 20, 2014 at 7:29 pm

We have a friend that does some exterminating, and he always recommends Hotshot!

20. Tami on August 20, 2014 at 7:27 pm

We’ve been going to the beach and park quite a bit these days. Prime areas for little critters to come marching by…this is a great product!

21. Shell on August 20, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Love your firepit area! Your s’mores look so yummy! We had a wasp nest on our porch earlier this summer. Totally freaked me out when I saw it!

22. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com on August 20, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Ants are pretty bad around here so anything that will help with that I’m all for! We get lots just off our back porch and theres like hundreds of them sooo gross!

23. April @ Everyday Fitness and Nutrition on August 20, 2014 at 5:30 pm

We like spending time together in the pool. The mosquitoes have been bad this year though.

24. Rosey on August 20, 2014 at 3:33 pm

We always keep a can of Hot Shot around the house for just-in-case. It’s something you don’t want to be missing when you do need it, and it really does work great.

25. Veronica on August 20, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I totally used Hot Shot just today on a wasp hive. They were right at my front door

26. Shasta Walton on August 20, 2014 at 2:11 pm

We love going camping. Ants aren’t a problem for us, just mosquitos the size of busses! Ugh, they are SO annoying. We make these waffle cone treats when we go camping too!

27. Emily on August 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I love your take on smores! Those look delicious! It’s always nice to spend time outside without worry of bugs!!

28. Courtney on August 20, 2014 at 10:09 am

This looks so delicious! What a great idea for a dessert on the grill. Yum!

29. Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting on August 20, 2014 at 8:23 am

Your kids are SO BEAUTIFUL and such Mini Kristins 🙂 🙂

We had a really great exterminator in Texas, but now that we’re living on-post in NC, the housing office’s idea of “pest control” is to spray only areas where there are openings, no baseboards, no porch or backyard, NADA. It’s been ROUGH! We had ants when we took possession of the house, before we had furniture in our house! Thank goodness for Hot Shot stuff!

30. Jaime on August 20, 2014 at 8:07 am

We spend a lot of time outdoors – especially if I give my son a popsicle. I do not need the stickiness inside! I definitely have to work hard to keep bugs out, since we have extra messes with a toddler around!

31. Emilie on August 20, 2014 at 8:02 am

Wow, those look awesome! Glad you are enjoying these last moments of summer, pest free!

32. Melissa on August 20, 2014 at 7:49 am

Hot shot is so great for keeping the bugs away. It definitely makes me enjoy my backyard more!

33. Mitch on August 20, 2014 at 5:21 am

This would be great for my in-laws who live in a house, their ant problem is annual. Thankfully our apartment only has a rare sighting of anything that small!

34. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on August 20, 2014 at 2:54 am

We have lots of bugs around where we live and we swear by Hot Shot!! It always works!