Plan Your Trip To The San Diego Zoo With Undercover Tourist

This is a compensated post with Undercover Tourist and Mom It Forward blogging network. zoo visitThere’s still time to have fun this summer and there’s so many fun attractions here in southern California. We are what I like to call a theme park family, meaning that we frequent our favorite attractions often. With small children it’s very important to us that they grow up having fun and learning along the way. That’s why we like to make vacations and learning experience and the zoo is one of those attractions that are great for the entire family!

With the help of Undercover Tourist we planned a special trip to the San Diego Zoo. Right away we liked that you can save time and money on your tickets. You’ll skip the ticket line and head straight onto the rides!

Our San Diego Zoo Adventure with Small Children

san diego zoo hippo statueWe started our day the San Diego Zoo making our way through different species of monkeys and birds in the aviary. We had such a great tie making our way around the zoo and seeing the animals and being so close you could interact with them. The zoo is just one of those places we enjoy spending time together because there’s so many new and exciting things to learn.

We love watching our kiddos marvel at each hump on a camels back, or squeal in delight when they see a large bird. There’s no place else that we can see these animals and it’s just a really great experience for your family.

san diego zoo elephant secretary birdThis was our very first trip to the San Diego Zoo so it was nice to know what to expect ahead of time with Undercover Tourist.

san diego zoo hippo statue cranes birds okapi Having a toddler it’s hard to find attractions and activities we can all do together. A lot of rides at theme parks don’t include toddlers so Mia is often left out. The zoo is one of those places she’s just as excited about and that she is included in!

san diego zoo snow reindeer polar area

There are opportunities for learning and a new and exciting animal around every corner at The San Diego Zoo.

san diego zoo pictures of animals then and now

The San Diego Zoo has two very special pandas so we were so thrilled to be there for one of their birthdays! Our oldest kiddo and youngest each had a great time at the zoo and both my husband and I agree that we can’t wait to go back!

san diego zoo panda Xiao Liwh

Be sure to sign up for an Undercover Tourist account, which allows you to “favorite” and save attractions, videos, blog posts, tickets and more for later reference. Plus, an Undercover Tourist account allows you to track your order history and download your E-Tickets for easy reference.

There website has a list of Things to Do and get an idea of things you must see in San Diego! It’s easy to plan your visit to San Diego with Undercover Tourist!

How are you planning for your family vacations?

1. Liz Mays on August 19, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I haven’t been there since my daughter wasn’t even walking yet. I remember her pointing to every single animal. She loved it there even at a young age!

2. Lori on August 19, 2014 at 9:04 am

This looks like so much fun! I love going on fun adventures like that with my daughters. We’ve never been to the San Diego Zoo, but maybe some day!

3. Jenn on August 19, 2014 at 7:45 am

Honestly, I don’t think there’s a better zoo than in SD!
    I’ve hit quite a few in my life and that is always my #1

4. Stefani Tolson on August 19, 2014 at 4:09 am

I took my kids to the San Diego Zoo a few years ago and LOVED it. That is the biggest zoo that I have ever been to with so many different things to see. I want to go back because we didn’t get to see everything.

5. Emily on August 18, 2014 at 9:45 pm

We went last September and planned to do it in two days. That way everyone got to see everything! Very fun!

6. Ann Bacciaglia on August 18, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I love taking the family to the zoo.I find spring time the best time of year to go. The animals are active and the weather is not to hot.

7. Jenna Wood on August 18, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I have really been meaning to get down there and visit those pandas, they are my favorite animal! I’ll have to let my cousin know about Undercover Tourist, it seems right up the aley of her family, they love to travel and explore!

8. Lisa on August 18, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Aw – I spy panda bears! That is one thing we don’t have at our zoo.

9. Mama to 5 BLessings on August 18, 2014 at 8:34 pm

This zoo looks great/! I like the selection of animals. Our zoo is so small and does not have the selection as this zoo. Looks like your family had a great time.

10. Kristin Wheeler (@MamaLuvsBooks) on August 18, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I love trips to the zoo! HOW FUN! I hear this is one of the best in the country!

11. Dawn on August 18, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I’ve heard the San Diego zoo is awesome. It looks like you guys had a great time.

12. Jennifer on August 18, 2014 at 7:40 pm

The San Diego zoo looks really great. I’d love to visit there.

13. Stefany on August 18, 2014 at 7:27 pm

This zoo looks so fun! We didn’t get a vacation this year unfortunately. Maybe next year I will spend some time planning and save in advance!

14. Shauna on August 18, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Oh my goodness, what total fun. I have never been. We have a small zoo here in San Antonio and we love going. Thanks for sharing your experience…

15. Chelley @ AisForAdelaide on August 18, 2014 at 6:16 pm

We just went to the SD Zoo and had the best time! I think this is one of the best zoos in the world!

16. Amy on August 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I would love to visit this place! I love that they have such awesome animals. Our zoos just don’t have those sorts of species.

17. Janel (A Mom's Take) on August 18, 2014 at 6:07 pm

I grew up going to the San Diego Zoo. It’s definitely my favorite out of all I’ve been to. I’d love to plan a trip there with my own family. I know my kids and husband would really enjoy it.

18. Nolie on August 18, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Seriously how cute is that Panda. I am using a Travel agent 2 facebook groups and a forum for our trip to Disney. I am still totally lost.

19. Scott on August 18, 2014 at 5:37 pm

It’s been over a decade since we’ve been to the San Diego Zoo, but I’m sure it is still one (if not THE) best in the nation!

20. Meagan on August 18, 2014 at 5:29 pm

SO fun! My son loves all things animals – this zoo looks super kid friendly. We have never been to the San Diego Zoo, but I want to try it the next time we’re in California!

21. Kelsey Apley on August 18, 2014 at 5:12 pm

A panda at the zoo! Oh how neat, I have always wanted to see one in person!! Looks like a really fun zoo with lots of great things to do and animals to see!

22. Pam on August 18, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I have always wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo! It looks like such a cool place to visit.

23. Daisy on August 18, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Awe, pandas!! My son would love to visit this zoo. He has been on a mission to see a panda lately.

24. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on August 18, 2014 at 3:46 pm

We were at the SD zoo last year and LOVED it. We did the SD zoo safari park this year and it wasn’t as good as the zoo itself.