Jimmy Dean Create Your Own Family Nacho Bar

This post was compensated by Jimmy Dean as part of my participation in a campaign with the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.

kids taco bar steack chicken veggies (2)

Next week our girls head back to school and it’s time to start planning our quick and easy meal ideas for back to school. Jimmy Dean is making dinner easier than ever with new varieties of meals that are perfect for family meals. Create your own nacho bar is one of our easy weeknight meals.

Just having quick things like Jimmy Dean Pulled Pork, Jimmy Dean Grilled Steak and Jimmy Dean Golden Roasted Chicken on hand make for an easy and quick meal in a flash. You can easily find these new varieties from Jimmy Dean right in your freezer isle and are perfectly portioned just for meals. Add to pasta or top nachos, it’s nice to have a meal to make on hand.

One of our favorite meals on busy weeknights is a fun nacho bar. Letting our kiddos get creative and take ownership in their meal is a great way for them to eat more of the good stuff. Giving them options and new flavors to try is a great way to keep them happy and healthy!

kids taco bar steack chicken veggies (3)

To create the nacho bar we wanted plenty of fresh vegetables to serve with the Jimmy Dean Grilled Steak and Jimmy Dean Golden Roasted Chicken. Our girls love bright colors so I always like buying things like peppers in bright colors for meals.

kids taco bar steack chicken veggies (4)Fresh tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and lettuce make for great toppings for your nachos. Cooking the Jimmy Dean Grilled Steak and Jimmy Dean Golden Roasted Chicken was easy I simply cooked it over the stove top until it was thoroughly heated. They both make for a flavorful topping to the nachos.

kids taco bar steack chicken veggies (6)

It’s simple to make meals fun and fresh and Jimmy Dean is one of those brands I can count on to help me out along the way!

kids taco bar steack chicken veggies (5)

It’s so simple to enjoy a fun meal together as a family and we hope to inspire more families to spend more time creating and enjoying meals together at the table.

kids taco bar steack chicken veggies (1)11

You can find more meal ideas from Jimmy Dean on their website. Also stay connected socially on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

How are you enjoying meals together as a family? What are your go to weeknight meals?

1. Nicole on September 18, 2014 at 7:49 am

A nacho bar is a great idea. Everyone can personalize there nachos to there own taste and what they like, this would be great idea for a football watching party!

2. Diane Bassette on September 5, 2014 at 4:45 am

we love nachos!! so good!

3. Karen Jaras on August 28, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Love nachos, but they tend to not love me back. I have found Beanito chips that are made of rice and bean to help with my wheat/corn allergies. I can also leave out the dairy as it does not love me. and I would have to check the Jimmy Dean strips to make sure they are gluten free. It takes a mathmatician/scientist to make sure I do not kill myself while trying to eat.

4. shelly peterson on August 21, 2014 at 4:03 pm

This loos so good, I love anything Mexican. I will have to check out the Jimmy Deans products.

5. Julie Wood on August 20, 2014 at 7:45 am

Jimmy Dean products are so delicious and this is a good way to make delicious Family Nacho Bar! I like the recipe here and need to make this soon.

6. Nicole on August 16, 2014 at 11:19 pm

These nachos looks really good, we love nacho night in our house. Our go to meals on the weekends includes nachos, pizza, tacos, and sometimes subs.

7. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on August 15, 2014 at 7:07 am

Ohhh, those nachos look amazing. Jimmy Dean sure has stepped it up!

8. mrsshukra on August 14, 2014 at 12:03 am

Make your own nacho bar is such a fun idea for gatherings!

9. CrazyMom a/k/a Melanie on August 9, 2014 at 8:46 pm

YUMMM.. this looks delicious and so simple to make.. but totally looks like you slaved for hours…LOVE it. Will have to track down the Jimmy Dean products at my next grocery trip.

10. Ann Bacciaglia on August 9, 2014 at 3:47 pm

That is a great way to have a nacho night. Thanks for sharing. I am going to do this very soon.

11. Stefani Tolson on August 9, 2014 at 8:15 am

My kids start school this upcoming week and I have been thinking of new dinner ideas too. I have made a taco bar before for the kids but I like your idea of a nacho bar. My kids would LOVE this idea.

12. Mama to 5 BLessings on August 9, 2014 at 7:11 am

Wow I did not know Jimmy Dean had these! With our busy schedule I so have to check these out!

13. Onica {MommyFactor} on August 9, 2014 at 6:54 am

What a great idea to making dinner different and interactive. My family would enjoy this.

14. Autumn @MamaChallenge on August 9, 2014 at 5:25 am

These look so good! What a great idea – I love taco bar night at our house.

15. Jenna Wood on August 8, 2014 at 9:47 pm

We do make-your-own bagel pizza nights, or taco nights. I like how you make the nachos almost like nacho salad, so creative!

16. Janel on August 8, 2014 at 8:45 pm

What a fun idea! Skip all the prep of making everyone food and let them dig in!

17. SHELLEY R ZUREK on August 8, 2014 at 8:44 pm

That’s neat that you can make such a fun dinner with those Jimmy Dean Meats.

18. Liz Mays on August 8, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I rely on my crockpot frequently for dinners. I also LOVE breakfast for dinner!

19. Tosh on August 8, 2014 at 7:39 pm

This looks perfect for family dinner or if we were to have guests over, yummy!!

20. Sarah Marturano on August 8, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Jimmy Dean is the best. My family loves their breakfast!

21. Amy Desrosiers on August 8, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Wow, these look so good! I love nachos so this is amazing!!

22. Sandra on August 8, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Oh a nacho bar! Great idea! I wouldn’t have ever thought of that–you are so creative! And these Jimmy Dean snacks look so delicious!

23. Nolie on August 8, 2014 at 5:13 pm

WHY WHY WHY have I not seen these in Canada. I would totally stock up.

24. Shauna on August 8, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Those nachos sound and look amazing. I love how your used the Jimmy Dean to create such fun! THanks for sharing

25. Pam on August 8, 2014 at 5:06 pm

We already have a supply of Jimmy Dean breakfast products. I’m excited about their new line!

26. Jennifer on August 8, 2014 at 4:51 pm

What a creative way to use an already delicious product! I love this idea.

27. Dede on August 8, 2014 at 4:09 pm

This looks like a great meal to put together when I get home from work. Bonus–I can use some of the extras from my garden!

28. Angela S on August 8, 2014 at 1:58 pm

These Jimmy Dean products look perfect for a nachos bar. What a fun meal!

29. Stefany on August 8, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I want to come live with you. You guys do the best recipes and fun meals. I love Jimmy Dean breakfast foods and these sound delicious too!

30. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on August 8, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I want to set up a nacho bar the next time we have people over for the big game! Neat idea.

31. ashley parker on August 8, 2014 at 7:42 am

I’ve been craving nachos and this just made me want them more lol. They look delicious!!