Great Grains Blueberry Muffin Recipe

This post brought to you by Post Great Grains Cereal. All opinions are 100% mine.

kristin beach

I often think about all of the things that make me feel good. What makes me great is my ability to create something special with what moments I have. My compassion for life and love of all things sunshine are what make me happiest. I enjoy running and spending time great healthy foods for my family. It’s something that’s a big part of who I am and I think it makes me great!

Great Grains is the cereal that shows the ingredients you put inside can help you feel and look great on the outside. Great Grains surveyed 1,000 women Nationally to ask “what makes you great.” and I found so many women have found themselves or have reinvented themselves at different points in their life.

great grains muffin recipe (2)

Post Great Grains brings whole foods from the field to your bowl for a nutritious breakfast you have to see to believe. With ingredients you can feel great about like whole grain flakes from actual wheat berries, as well as real fruit and nuts, come together in this tasty and nutritious morning favorite. All of the varieties of Great Grains have at least 30g of whole grains per serving and are a heart healthy way to start the day.

To create a fun and flavorful morning treat for our family with these muffins. Great tasting fuel to start your day!

Great Grains Blueberry Muffin Recipe

• 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 2/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 TSP salt
  • 2 TSP baking powder
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup Post Great Grains Cereal
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 TSP vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of blueberries

great grains muffin recipe (3)

This recipe is pretty easy to start simple mix your dry ingredients. Make sure you get the baking powder spread evenly throughout the mix. In another bowl mix together your wet ingredients like the milk and eggs and oil. Mix together and add blueberries and crushed Great Grains Cereal.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

great grains muffin recipe (4)

One tip I have learned for making muffins is to add 1 TBSP of water into every baking up. It helps book the muffins evenly and it works! Top your muffins with a little sugar on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.

great grains muffin recipe (5)

Allow your muffins to cool and serve them for breakfast! They’re super simple and full of flavor and our kiddos eat them up!

great grains muffin recipe (1)1

Post Great Grains Cereal wants to know what makes you great? You can find more information by connecting with Great Grains on Facebook .

Check out this video:

So what makes you great?

1. Jessica Beard on September 9, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for the recipe. These look so yummy!

2. Diane Bassette on August 28, 2014 at 4:16 am

this is a recipe that I will definitely give a try! thanks!

3. Christina G. on August 20, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I’ve never heard of Great Grains. What a great idea. I’m going to pick up a box next time I’m at the store. Thanks for sharing!

4. Amy Orvin on August 20, 2014 at 5:44 am

OMG! These Blueberry Muffins look so awesome and Very healthy too.

5. Julie Wood on August 19, 2014 at 5:42 am

These look very delicious and I want to make these for breakfast. I like adding the Great Grains cereal to this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

6. Nicole on August 14, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Great healthy version of blueberry muffins. I love great grains brand, but never cooked with it before. Going to bake these.

7. mrsshukra on August 12, 2014 at 11:26 pm

First time for me to hear about Great Grains, I like this recipe!

8. Brett on August 12, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Blueberry muffins are my favorite! I’ll have to make these in the future. Thanks for the recipe.

9. Kristin Wheeler (@MamaLuvsBooks) on August 12, 2014 at 8:18 pm

These muffins look yummy! A perfect, healthy breakfast treat!

10. Tess on August 12, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Those look so good. I didnt’ know you could make it using cereal. I’m going to have to try that.

11. Terri S. on August 12, 2014 at 11:09 am

I like to make nutritious foods for my family and that includes snacks. I hadn’t seen Post Great Grains Cereal before reading this but it’s now on my shopping list. I want to make these yummy blueberry muffins for Sunday when we have a huge breakfast that hubby helps me make. My blueberry loving granddaughters are in for a surprise. 🙂

12. Stefani Tolson on August 12, 2014 at 6:57 am

Your blueberry muffins look delicious. I haven’t heard of these Great Grains but will keep my eye out. I love creating recipes like this for the kids.

13. Kelsey Apley on August 12, 2014 at 5:45 am

YUM I love Blueberry muffins and yours look and sound amazing! I am gonna have to try these. That cereal looks mighty tasty!

14. Sarah @ Must Have Mom on August 12, 2014 at 4:12 am

These look amazing! Thanks for sharing.

15. Angele @shoeboxbegone on August 12, 2014 at 12:18 am

I love great grains, never thought to make muffins. great recipe!

16. Lisa on August 11, 2014 at 9:54 pm

These look really good! Thanks for the tip – I can never get my muffins a good round shape on top!

17. Nolie on August 11, 2014 at 9:49 pm

My kids love blueberries so I am always look for recipes to make. Thanks for sharing. These look really good.

18. Ann Bacciaglia on August 11, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It sounds healthy and like something to kids and i would love to eat.

19. Chelley @ AisForAdelaide on August 11, 2014 at 9:15 pm

These look so good! And are super healthy for the whole family- what a win!

20. Amber Edwards on August 11, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Now those are some muffins I could really dig into! I love Great Grains cereals!

21. Tammileetips on August 11, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I love alternative uses to cereal. These muffins look great and delicious.

22. Myrah - Coupon Mamacita on August 11, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Blueberry muffins are my favorite and these look amazingly delicious!

23. Janel (A Mom's Take) on August 11, 2014 at 7:18 pm

I’m going to try this! I have about a million and a half pounds of fresh blueberries from my MIL’s blueberry bush.

24. Jenna Wood on August 11, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I’m going to have to try that baking tip with the water in the cups, how have I never herd that before? These look absolutely delicious!

25. Shauna on August 11, 2014 at 6:41 pm

What makes me great? Um… my kids? my Hubby? my family? I wouldn’t be who I am without them… BTW those muffins look amazing…

26. Jennifer on August 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm

These muffins look delicious! I love muffins, and now I can enjoy them without guilt.

27. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on August 11, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Good food like this makes me feel so good. It’s a great kick start to the day, the right fuel! Love this recipe too, thanks!

28. Amy Desrosiers on August 11, 2014 at 5:56 pm

These looks awesome! I love Great Grains cereal so much so in a muffin is awesome.

29. Dee Mauser on August 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Oh those sound SO yummy. I love that you incorporate a high protein cereal in the recipe. And blueberry muffins are my all time favorite. Thanks for sharing!

30. Pam on August 11, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Those muffins look amazing. I usually have a box of Great Grains in my cabinet at all times!

31. CrazyMom a/k/a Melanie on August 11, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Yummmm..I love muffins… these look delicious…thanks for sharing, I never thought about including Post Grains into my muffins.. but love the idea

32. Angela on August 11, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I am loving this campaign. It’s good to stop and remind ourselves of all the things that make us great.

33. Katy Rawson on August 11, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I love your recipe. We all love blueberries, that is except my daughter. And, we all love Great Grains. For my daughter, I would use raisins instead of the blueberries. They won’t last long.

34. Aimee Smith on August 11, 2014 at 3:05 pm

We love Great Grains. I would never have thought of adding them to a muffin! Genius!

35. Kelsey on August 11, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Blueberry muffins are my FAVORITE!! I’ll have to give these a whirl.

36. Jen Temcio @dapperhouse on August 11, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I love granola and have not tried POST yet. But they have so many varieties I Am excited. Thanks for the yummy recipe for healthy muffins!

37. Mama to 5 BLessings on August 11, 2014 at 1:07 pm

We love this cereal, just to eat as regular cereal but what a genius idea to use them in muffins!

38. Francine @ Teresa's Family Cleaning on August 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I want to give these a try!

39. Stefany on August 11, 2014 at 11:03 am

These sound amazing Kristin! I am going to make these for my kids (and me of course) for a healthy breakfast to get them going in the morning before school!