Getting Ready for Fall with Rubbermaid – Easy Monster Door Idea

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Rubbermaid but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FallFixUp http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

Rubbermaid Storage Containers Fall (6)It’s hard to believe that we are already going back to school and after a very busy summer our front yard is looking a little neglected. What I really enjoy about fall is decorating our home and spending more time together as a family.

Our girls headed back to school two weeks ago so it already feels like fall is going to start setting in and it’s time to spend a little time updating and cleaning the front of the yard. So we headed to Home Depot where we often shop for our home improvement needs. We easily found the all the supplies we would need to get started on the yard. Things like new flowers and pots, Rubbermaid Storage Tubs and Rubbermaid Garbage Cans with lids for easy yard and leaf cleanup. You can find them inside Home Depot at every day low prices so I stocked up on our fall fix up essentials.

home depot shoppingAs we all start to pull out and organize our fall decor storage containers like the Rubbermaid Roughneck Gallon Storage Tote is a must.  They’re deep so they hold plenty of your decor and they’re made to stack on one another so they are perfect for storage in the garage after the holiday. They make it easy for me to keep my favorite fall decor easily organized so when I’m getting ready for that Halloween party I have everything ready to go!

Rubbermaid Storage Containers Fall (7)

We have three giant palm trees that always surprise us with new fruit so our yard often needs picking up, we also have a giant oak tree that will soon be losing all it’s leaves. It’s nice to have a lightweight garbage can that you can use for yard cleanup. It makes easier transfer into our larger green waste can for weekly pickup too.

Rubbermaid Storage Containers Fall (5)6We decided to create a simple cover up for our ugly security door. It’s heavy and big but it also serves as a sturdy screen so we can keep the front door open but locked. Since it’s going to be fall I have been wanting to just make the door more fun and what better way than with a monster door!

Rubbermaid Storage Containers Fall (1)1Using simple materials like streamers, tape an construction paper you can easily transform your front door. Our girls thought it was a fun project to do and it turned that boring door into something fun for fall!

Rubbermaid Storage Containers Fall (2)Streamers on top with streamer eyebrows and mouth. Construction paper tongue and eyeballs complete the simple door. You could easily cover your front door but since this is the security gate I just wanted to make it fun and still be able to see out of the door from the inside. Your kiddos could even do it to their bedroom doors!

Cleanup from decorating outdoors was a breeze with the Rubbermaid Roughneck Garbage Can. It’s small in size but big enough to get the job done. Essential for our fall fix up!

Rubbermaid Storage Containers Fall (4)For other storage solutions be sure to follow Rubbermaid on Pinterest and stay connected socially on Facebook and Twitter.

How are you fixing up your yard and getting ready for fall?

1. Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings on September 2, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Love the monster door! SO cool…and I need to get some rubbermaid tubs for storage at home!

2. Carly from The Puzzled Palate on August 30, 2014 at 8:02 am

We are getting ready buy having a HUGE slip and slide party this weekend to say farewell to the summer! I love rubbermaid containers- I would be a mess without them!

3. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on August 29, 2014 at 8:27 pm

All of Rubbermaid’s products are great. I use their totes a lot as well with our items we have in storage in our basement. I never have to worry about the condition of things when I need them, no matter how long their in the totes.

4. Ann Bacciaglia on August 29, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I love Halloween. This monster door would be a great idea for this year. We store all our holiday decorations in Rubbermaid totes.

5. Marybeth Hamilton on August 29, 2014 at 7:56 pm

That is such a cute idea! I love the craftiness of a monster door.

6. Amber Conaway on August 29, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I am so excited for fall!!! It’s my favorite time of year! All love all your decorations they’re super cute!

7. Veronica on August 29, 2014 at 2:19 pm

that is so cool! I really like the door!

8. Jenn @TheRebelChick on August 29, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I love your spooky door covering! We keep all of our holiday supplies in big plastic bins too!

9. Christie on August 29, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Looks like a sturdy trash can! I love the door idea for Halloween!

10. Catherine S on August 29, 2014 at 1:27 pm

We love Rubbermaid products. We use them to store all of our holiday decorations.

11. Lisa on August 29, 2014 at 12:53 pm

What a spook-tastic idea for Halloween! Rubbermaid is the best trash can we have used – hands down.

12. Tracey on August 29, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Rubbermaid totes are the best. We have used these for our move a few years ago.

13. Shannon Gosney on August 29, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I love Rubbermaid products! Sounds like you are definitely getting ready for the Fall. Love the Monster Door idea!

14. Janel (A Mom's Take) on August 29, 2014 at 11:39 am

I think that’s the cutest Halloween themed front door I’ve seen in a long time. Love it! I haven’t done much in my yard at all because I’m pregnant and it was just too hot this summer, and now that I’m further along I can’t get out there. Luckily we have a rock bed for a front yard, so there really isn’t much to do to prepare for fall.

15. Krystal's Kitsch on August 29, 2014 at 11:31 am

I need another trash can for serious! We have SO much tarsh every week that one post doesn’t do it.

16. Brett on August 29, 2014 at 10:58 am

that’s a really cute idea! we’d have to do it on the kids’ doors, we don’t have a storm door that lets you see through

17. Chrystal @ YUM eating on August 29, 2014 at 9:36 am

Very cute! We are just about ready to pull up the garden. We had a lot of stuff damaged in a bad storm in July. Some of it recovered. A lot didn’t. So we need to get that pulled up. We still have squash, corn, carrots, beets and some bok choy going strong.

18. mary on August 29, 2014 at 7:23 am

I love your monster door. How cute? and so easy for the kids to replicate

19. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com on August 29, 2014 at 6:05 am

Great ideas! The door is super adorable, and my kids would get such a kick out of it!

20. Mommy2jam on August 29, 2014 at 2:35 am

I am totally going to try this out! Thanks for sharing. I love the monster door

21. Candy O on August 28, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Rubbermaid has some awesome products. Military families LOVE Rubbermaid totes! It’s a running joke with a few friends of mine.

22. Felicia on August 28, 2014 at 8:36 pm

What an adorable door idea! We need to get started on organizing for Fall.

23. Liz Mays on August 28, 2014 at 7:38 pm

I let my husband handle the outdoor stuff, but I have several Rubbermaid storage bins that I really love. They’re very durable.

24. Stacie @ The Divine Miss Mommy on August 28, 2014 at 7:37 pm

My husband swears by Rubbermaid products. I can understand that. He’s had the same garbage cans for 10 years. They’re indestructible!

25. Ben @ Cheap is the New Classy on August 28, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I love Rubbermaid garbage cans. I have two in my garage right now.

26. Jessica (Savory Experiments) on August 28, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Rubbermaid totes are on my list of things to get this weekend! I love the decor, too cute!

27. Janell Poulette on August 28, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I love Rubbermaid products. They are so durable and functional!

28. Carly Anderson on August 28, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I love using Rubbermaid totes to organize our holiday items. We have about 2 for each holiday. That monster door idea is super cute, too!

29. Anne (@notasupermom) on August 28, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Oh, such a cute idea! I’m just not ready for Halloween yet!

30. Debbie Denny on August 28, 2014 at 5:28 pm

That is a great idea, Love the storage idea also.

31. deb on August 28, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Love the Halloween door. So cute. It’s usually snowing here on Halloween so we don’t do much for the decorating.

32. Shop with Me Mama (Kim) on August 28, 2014 at 3:12 pm

such a cute idea! And fun to do with the kiddos! I love Halloween, it is my most favorite holiday besides Christmas of course 🙂 I love fall too!

33. Pam on August 28, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I use Rubbermaid totes to store all of our Christmas decorations. We used to keep them in boxes but then opossums ruined them. The opossums have never been able to get to my decorations inside the Rubbermaid containers.

34. Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama on August 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I love using a great big bin for each Holiday – it makes it all SO easy to organize.

35. Amy @ Marvelous Mommy on August 28, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I’m soo doing a monster door this year! I wanted to do one last year but ran out of time!

36. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on August 28, 2014 at 1:04 pm

That is such a cute idea. Our door has windows at the top, so it won’t work for us, but I love it.

37. Lindsay Oussa on August 24, 2014 at 9:36 pm

That is SUPER cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your door!!