The Delta Faucet #HappiMess Event in Chicago

happimess mia
I am a busy mom of three and each day when I think about the many messes I am cleaning up I think even on our toughest of days I feel grateful to live this life with my happy little mess makers. As a mom who want my children to live lives that are happy and healthy the most important thing to me is making sure our home is clean and that even if we make messes cleaning up can be just as fun too. I think about all those moments I spent with water and as ordinary as they may seem at the end of the day we are all transformed by water in some way or another.

This week I took a trip to Chicago to visit the DREAM2O Delta Showroom located inside The Merchandise Mart. An incredible awe inspiring place that’s the spot to visit when decorating your home.
Delta (2)

Delta wants families like ours to live a happy life and know that messes happen but that water has the power to transform you. To make you feel alive again, to splash around with babies in bubble baths or to wash of the sweat for a long run, it’s always water we turn to to make us feel alive and to restore us. It’s the biggest connection I made to Delta and it’s something we can all relate to.
Delta (6)

We live in California and it’s nice to know that Delta Faucet takes water conservation seriously by creating products that not only work and work well but that also save water. While inside the DREAM2O Delta Showroom we had the chance to learn more about how Delta designs their products and had a chance to put them to the test because in their showroom everything works, even the showers!

Delta (9)aSome of my favorite features on the Delta 2.0 Touch faucets is that with the simple touch you can turn on or off your faucet. Have messy hands in the kitchen? Never touch the facet handle again because with a simple touch it’s on and your hands are clean. The bathroom faucets work with the same Touch 2.0 Technology except you just need to come within four inches of the faucet to turn it on or off.

Did you know the average person uses 14 minutes of water every time they brush their teeth?  The Delta 2.0 Touch Technology Faucet also has a set time so it turns of automatically again saving water. Great for busy moms with kids because it turns the water off for them. To turn the water back on just come again within four inches of the faucet. I am convinced every home needs these in their bathrooms!
Delta (5)

Delta also makes a wide variety of shower products and we learned that they’re designed to save water but ever sacrifice style and function. We saw under a strobe light how their water droplets spiral out giving you a fuller and more powerful stream of water while cutting back on water usage. With Delta Faucet you can truly find the perfect shower for you.

Delta (3)

Once we had a chance to find out about the technology we had the unique chance to create a HappiMess and wonderful memory cooking with Chef Gale Gand. We started by sampling some of her favorite recipes and then got our hands dirty in the kitchen.

082614_DELTA_033My favorite recipe had to be the Split Pea Hummus. The recipe was super simple, one bag of peas, 10 leaves of mint, olive oil, salt & pepper. Top of crostini and add a slow cooked beef on top. This recipe went against everything I thought you could do and really delighted my palette. We went on to cook our own versions of grilled cheese with exciting flavors like pickled squash on rye and muenster cheese with fresh figs. I really felt like I learned something new and am excited to really think outside the box by creating memorable and flavorful meals.

happimess cooking class

I actually have the Delta 2.0 Touch Faucet in our kitchen and as a mom who enjoys spending time in my kitchen I know how nice it is to have style and function I can depend on. Whether it’s cleaning our hands while making dinner, or washing up after playing with our pets our kitchen sink sees a lot of use.

It was a lot of fun creating new memories and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Some of my best memories are in the kitchen, whether it’s with friends in a new city or making cookies with my daughters it’s those moments that also have the power to transform us.

082614_DELTA_027
Why do people treat mess like it’s a bad thing? It’s actually the evidence of a life well lived. When you’re out there making, creating, doing and playing, embrace your #HappiMess and let Delta kitchen and bath innovations help clean up so you can do it all again tomorrow.

Delta_AP_Logo
Compensation was provided by Delta via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Delta.

1. sally on September 18, 2014 at 10:53 pm

This looks like so much fun..you have covered the entire event , I feel like I was presentthere.

2. Mary on September 3, 2014 at 10:54 am

This looks like you had a lot of fun! I personally don’t like the idea of split pea anything, but I bet my Grandma would love it!

3. Karen Jaras on September 2, 2014 at 6:37 pm

We are looking to build a retirement home with specialized fixtures. This would have been a great place to see them all at once.

4. Tracey on September 1, 2014 at 1:46 pm

This sounds like an amazing event! I would love a new shower head.

5. Christie on September 1, 2014 at 8:28 am

What a super fun event! I love all of the sleek new faucet models!

6. Camesha on August 31, 2014 at 8:58 pm

The show room is gorgeous! This makes me want to do some renovations around here.

BTW, the first picture is EPIC.

7. Angie | Big Bear's Wife on August 30, 2014 at 8:12 pm

That show room is beautiful! I’m in love with those showers!

8. Susanna @Zealous Mom on August 30, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Wow! This looks like such an amazing event. Also, I love that quote, “A happy life is a messy life.” I have to remind my husband of that often; he’s quite OCD when it comes to cleanliness.

9. Jessica (Savory Experiments) on August 30, 2014 at 5:53 pm

What a fun adventure! I would like to get the touch faucet, I think that would be extremely useful.

10. Mama to 5 BLessings on August 30, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Oh wow that looks like you had a great time. Love Delta their products are so nice and durable!

11. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on August 30, 2014 at 12:37 pm

A touch faucet would be soo convenient. I love it!

12. Krystal's Kitsch on August 30, 2014 at 10:39 am

What an awesome experience! I recognize some of the others in the photos! 🙂

13. Debbie Denny on August 30, 2014 at 10:33 am

What a fantastic event. Looks like a great time. Love the faucet

14. Brandy on August 30, 2014 at 8:23 am

What a great time! I love that you live in an area where you can experience such things, here in NH we don’t seem to have a lot around us, but will keep my eyes out of things like this in future. Thank you for sharing!

15. Rosey on August 30, 2014 at 8:06 am

i’d like to have a no touch faucet. I think that would be really nice for the kids.

16. Racquel on August 30, 2014 at 5:52 am

What a great way to look at messes! As a former kitchen and bath designer, I have used and visited many faucet manufacturers. Delta is amazing!

17. Shasta Walton on August 30, 2014 at 4:21 am

Looks like you had a great time! I love Delta, and would love new faucets in every one of my bathrooms and kitchen.

18. Lisa on August 29, 2014 at 11:15 pm

With toddler twins, messes are my life. I embrace them with laughs and smiles most of the time!

19. TerriAnn @ Cookies & Clogs on August 29, 2014 at 10:59 pm

What a fun event and that showroom is amazing! I’m also in California and the drought here is no joke. Glad you learned so much about their products and had fun with the other bloggers in attendance!

20. tammileetips on August 29, 2014 at 10:34 pm

What a fun opportunity!! I would love to cook in a kitchen like that!!!

21. Janell Poulette on August 29, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Everything is so pretty. I want 1 of each from Delta 🙂

22. Anne (@notasupermom) on August 29, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Fun! Those faucets look like jewelry or some sort of art. Looks like a great event, too.

23. Felicia on August 29, 2014 at 7:07 pm

That humus sounds amazing! I love those fixtures. It looks like you had an amazing time.

24. Felissa (Two Little Cavaliers) on August 29, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Oh my gosh look at that little face. Love the picture of you and Ellen together!
    Someday I will have one of their amazing shower heads. Every time I see them I want to run and take a shower until I remember that my shower does not look like that.

25. Amber Conaway on August 29, 2014 at 5:05 pm

That looks like a fun event! I could really go for a new shower head!

26. Janel (A Mom's Take) on August 29, 2014 at 3:32 pm

You can have a shower party in that huge shower, it’s amazing. My husband is a handyman and he says Delta makes the best faucets, and they last forever.

27. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on August 29, 2014 at 3:02 pm

This looks awesome, what a cool event. I love Delta faucet fixtures.

28. Stefany on August 29, 2014 at 2:55 pm

We had a Delta faucet at my old house and I miss it terribly. It was so nice. That shower picture you shared has me so envious! I want one like that!

29. Janel on August 29, 2014 at 2:41 pm

We embrace messes here, though we kind of have to with 4 little boys. I love their touch and touchless faucets!

30. Jenn @TheRebelChick on August 29, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Wow, it looks like you had so much fun! I am working on this campaign too and love hearing about everyone’s happimess!

31. Debra on August 29, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Sounds like a great event and you got treated like a total VIP! I love the idea of touchless faucets – that would be so helpful in my kitchen!

32. April @ Everyday Fitness and Nutrition on August 29, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I’ve been considering remodeling our shower and bathroom. These showerheads look like they’d be ideal!

33. Pam on August 29, 2014 at 2:05 pm

That sounds like a really fun event! The split pea hummus sounds delicious, I love hummus.

34. Dee Mauser on August 29, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Looks like you had an awesome time and Delta is my favorite faucet brand. Their designs are beautiful, I especially love the touchless faucets.

35. Jenna Wood on August 29, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I love that Delta innovates to help bring families together. While their touch systems look elegant and pricey, they are actually practical and supporting the everyday mom. I love that they know messes happen!

36. Amber Edwards on August 29, 2014 at 12:40 pm

What an amazing event! I would absolutely love to attend a Delta faucet event! That looks like so much fun! I just adore Delta faucets! We need to change our kitchen faucet too; and I really want to get a delta one!

37. Julie on August 29, 2014 at 12:25 pm

This looks like a super fun event. I love those touch-free faucets.

38. Brett on August 29, 2014 at 11:34 am

oh you met my friend ellen too!! now i’m totally jealous 🙂

39. rebecca norton on August 29, 2014 at 10:00 am

looks like you had a GREAT time!

40. Chrystal @ YUM eating on August 29, 2014 at 9:48 am

That event looks like so much fun. That shower looked like fun to test the different shower heads. I think the kitchen stuff is cool but I am not into that super modern look. It just feels so sterile. I want my kitchen to be warm and comforting.

41. Ben @ Cheap is the New Classy on August 29, 2014 at 9:19 am

I swear by Delta. Sure, I could by a store brand for less money, but I’d just end up replacing it a few times before I’d ever have to touch my Delta.

42. Jennifer on August 29, 2014 at 9:18 am

I love Delta. We have a touch-free Delta faucet, and it’s changed my life!

• Pam on August 29, 2014 at 4:13 pm

We have a Delta faucet in our bathroom. I would love a touchfree faucet for the kitchen!

43. Dawn on August 29, 2014 at 9:18 am

It looks like you had a great time! I love Delta everything. Their faucets and shower heads are gorgeous!

44. aimee fauci on August 29, 2014 at 9:16 am

Why do people treat mess like it’s a bad thing?– So true with how you followed that question up with. I actually treat mess like it’s a bad thing.. probably because it is more work for me after the fun is over with. Love Delta products by the way.

45. Jaime on August 29, 2014 at 8:51 am

We have Delta faucets throughout our home. They make a great product!

46. Stacie @ The Divine Miss Mommy on August 29, 2014 at 8:42 am

This sounds like it was a super fun event. I love Delta products. They look so sleek and beautiful.

47. Christi on August 29, 2014 at 8:35 am

SUCH a fun event! I’m loving the happimess campaign – I saw a commercial for it the other day and I think it’s SO smart.

48. Brett on August 29, 2014 at 8:33 am

we have a touch faucet coming soon- i cannot WAIT to try it! l think i’d be going berserk with all the beautiful bath and kitchen stuff at Delta, and wanting it ALL in my house!

49. melinda on August 29, 2014 at 7:08 am

i love Gale Gand. She’s been a favorite for many years

50. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on August 29, 2014 at 6:26 am

What a cool event! I love Delta fixtures- so sleek!

51. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on August 29, 2014 at 6:03 am

What a great opportunity and a fun event! We have a lot of Delta products in our home and love them – would be cool to see any new ones out there. And 14 minutes of water just brushing the teeth! wow, that’s higher than I would have thought!

52. Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest on August 29, 2014 at 5:10 am

Those are some awesome faucets. I’d love to have that shower with all those shower heads in my house!

53. Amy Desrosiers on August 29, 2014 at 5:05 am

What an amazing opportunity to visit Delta and learn about their products. I’d love to check it out too!

54. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on August 29, 2014 at 3:17 am

What an awesome event. Sounds like you ladies got the VIP treatment out there.