Be A Hunger Hero At Sam’s Club #HungerHeroes

I participated in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.
Sams Club Hunger Hero (2)

Like any good super hero the power of giving is strong. Giving back can help build strong families and even stronger communities and that’s why our family is proud to support charities that give back like Champions For Kids. Champions for Kids believe strongly in building stronger communities and stronger children and that’s why they want to ignite families everywhere to think about simple ways in which you can give back.

Throughout the month of August, Champions for Kids, Tyson Foods, and KRAFT Foods can help you “Be a Hunger Hero” at Sam’s Club by purchasing any of these products at Sam’s Club, Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets 5 lb. bag, KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner 7.25 oz., 12 pack or CAPRI SUN Juice Drink Variety Pack – 40 pouches, and help feed* a child in need.

Sams Club Hunger Hero (1)To give back in our own small we we went back to school shopping at our local Sam’s Club and purchased the participating items. With busy back to school days ahead it’s nice to have products around that are great for a quick meal.

Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets and KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinners are great for those quick meals between school and dance. Our kiddos also feel great picking out the products because they knew we were giving back.

Kids dinner mac cheese chicken nuggets bbq salad watermelon (3)

For our girls mealtime can be fun and it’s nice to know they have that perfect after school snack to get them through our busy afternoons! It’s also nice to teach them about giving back and donating and that’s we we often collect and donate to charities that help build strong families.

Kids dinner mac cheese chicken nuggets bbq salad watermelon (1)The Hunger Heroes campaign is all about action. It’s about turning families into superheroes and tapping into the incredible power of giving. Like any good superhero, Hunger Heroes are bold, confident and even playful as they save the day in style.

More than 16 million American children live in poverty. For these kids, access to nutritious foods can be a big challenge. A nutritious, balanced diet that includes healthy meals helps equip kids to succeed both academically and socially.

That’s why The Motherhood is joining Champions for Kids, along with Tyson Foods, Kraft and Sam’s Club, for this Twitter party to spread the word about hunger relief.

twitter party hunger heroes

When: Thursday, August 21, 2014, at 1p ET / 12p CT / 10a PT

Where: We’ll be on Twitter – follow the #HungerHeroes hashtag to track the conversation. You can see the details and RSVP via this http://twtvite.com/hungerheroes

Hashtag: #HungerHeroes

Prizes: Five prizes will be given to randomly selected participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. Each prize includes a $50 Sam’s Club gift card.

How are you giving back and helping to build strong communities?

1. Stefani Tolson on August 14, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I love the idea behind this campaign.Definitely a great cause. I have participated in two different Champions For Kids programs and it felt good to give back.

2. Sarah @ Must Have Mom on August 13, 2014 at 5:14 pm

What an awesome cause! I love this.

3. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on August 13, 2014 at 7:04 am

This is a great way to give back, I love this! Thanks for the head sup on the twitter party, I’ll try and make it!

4. Marina on August 13, 2014 at 4:45 am

We try to do back to school drives with school supplies to help out.And yes, the Food Bank too.

5. Tammilee Tips on August 12, 2014 at 9:58 pm

What a great program at Sam’s Club!! Love that your kiddo’s got involved!!

6. Amber Edwards on August 12, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Well that is very exciting because I love buying those products at Sam’s Club! Great way to feel extra great shopping there.

7. Dawn on August 12, 2014 at 8:37 pm

We do a majority of our shopping at Sam’s club! We will most certainly be participating in this!

8. Dawn on August 12, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I love “Be a Hunger Hero”. There are thousands and thousands of children going to bed hungry this very night. What are we going to do about it?

9. Jennifer on August 12, 2014 at 7:33 pm

“Be a Hunger Hero” is great. There are too many children going hungry in a country that is supposed to be the most prosperous in the world.

10. Mama to 5 BLessings on August 12, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Great cause! What a great way to get your kids involved!

11. Pam on August 12, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I love the champions for kids programs. We try to donate school supplies during the fall and then food all year long.

12. Angela on August 12, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I love everything about this campaign and will try to make it for the Twitter party!

13. CrazyMom a/k/a Melanie on August 12, 2014 at 5:41 pm

What a great campaign…it’s soo important to fight hunger… and I love Champions for kids they are AWESOME and help in our very own community…. thanks for sharing

14. Jen Temcio @dapperhouse on August 12, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Your decor in your home is pretty! I like that these companies take the initiative to give back and do something to help children who are hungry! I am going to try to make the twitter party too.

15. Stefany on August 12, 2014 at 5:27 pm

These are all things that we already buy! Yay! I love what Champions for Kids does for the community.

16. Nolie on August 12, 2014 at 5:15 pm

What a great campaign for a great cause.

17. Shauna on August 12, 2014 at 5:00 pm

That is my son’s favorite meal – chicken nuggets and mac n’ cheese…ha! I will try to make it to the twitter party. Thanks so much for the info

18. Aimee Smith on August 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm

This is such and awesome campaign! We love Kraft Mac and Cheese at our house!

19. Jenna Wood on August 12, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Such a great cause and with such great brands! I will have to keep an eye out for these products the next time I am at Sam’s Club.

20. Dee Mauser on August 12, 2014 at 2:49 pm

We donate money to different organizations including Susan G. Komen, the American Heart Association and our local animal shelter. It’s a great feeling knowing you are helping someone or a pet in need. I would rather give than receive!