Spend More Time Enjoying Outdoors This Summer

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hot Shot® Insecticides.

Hot Shot Wasp Hortnet Ant Roach Spray (1)This summer you can spend more time enjoying outdoors when you don’t have bus everywhere. In California we have a lot of ants so those are the most common outdoor bug that become a problem for outdoor entertaining and enjoying. We also have a pool in the back yard and it seems to attract many insects, mostly wasps and hornets. With big wasps flying by it makes it hard for our girls to enjoy the pool.

Hot Shot® Insecticides have come to our rescue with their wasp and hornet killer.

wasps

Some days our girls have been scared off from the pool because of the size of the wasps and hornets we have. When there are several who keep coming around while you’re trying to play it cane be a distraction and make playing outside less than enjoyable. That’s why we have started buying and using Hot Shot® Insecticides in our outdoor spaces. Not only do we get effective protection from wasps and hornets but the ant spray is also another effective tool in our fight against summer insects.

hotshotWe like to use products that are simple to use but also that work and Hot Shot® Insecticides work right away. I know it’s effective and kills on contact. It means your kiddos can spend less time worrying about the insects and more time having fun!

Kid swimming

Just check out this video:

Right now you can join in with the Who’s the Hero Sweepstakes on the Hot Shot® Insecticides Facebook fanpage. You can vote on who your hero is when it comes to bugs, mom or dad?  I’d say around here our girls might vote for dad more often than me but I’m okay with that. We don’t want bugs to feel at home in our house or in our yard so we are better protecting it with Hot Shot® brand products.

You can learn more about Hot Shot® Insecticides on their website.

How are you keeping your backyard safe from insects this summer?

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hot Shot® Insecticides.

1. Tess on July 9, 2014 at 6:17 pm

We need something like this for our backyard. We have every bug imaginable I swear!

2. Racquel on July 9, 2014 at 8:39 am

We have wasps and hornets so bad where we are! I am not sure we could survive without these products.

3. Kristin Wheeler (@MamaLuvsBooks) on July 9, 2014 at 8:14 am

We love being outside, but we hate the bugs and bees. UGH! I swear my son is a bee magnet. We definitely need something like this for our yard.

4. Mindy Grant on July 9, 2014 at 5:49 am

Bugs can really put a damper on things. We have a big ant problem around our house this summer. I will have to go buy some of this!

5. Liz Mays on July 9, 2014 at 5:46 am

I noticed the wasps would continually stop and get drinks in my pool too. It used to make me crazy! Thank goodness for Hot Shot!

6. Tasha on July 8, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Sigh, bugs are the only things I dislike about summer time. Thankfully there are some really great products out there that live up to their claims and keep those suckers away!

7. Toni on July 8, 2014 at 7:31 pm

We love Hot Shot products. We have a ton of wasps that continually build nests around here, so we always keep a can on hand.

8. Shauna on July 8, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Ugh, we hate bugs and especially bees and wasps… It makes the whole environment unsafe for everyone

9. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on July 8, 2014 at 5:49 pm

We need this. The ants have started invading our kitchen just recently.

10. Pam on July 8, 2014 at 5:29 pm

We just had wasps making nests on our back porch. We used Hot Shot to get rid of them!

11. Amber Edwards on July 8, 2014 at 4:20 pm

We have issues with Hornets. I hate hornets! We were just talking we needed to get more hornet spray to get rid of them. Great timing!

12. Katy Rawson on July 8, 2014 at 3:57 pm

There is nothing like bugs that can ruin a great summer day. And bugs seems to multiply by the hundreds in the summer. I also use the Hot Shot products because they work. I cannot stand bugs and refuse to let them get the upper hand.

13. Sarah @ Must Have Mom on July 8, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Wasp are the worst. We have a nest that springs up each year around the same area. I’ll be grabbing some of this.

14. Courtney on July 8, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I’m not a fan of bugs, especially the stinging kind. I’ve always used Hot Shot, but the smell is horrible. I’m so glad they’ve created a scented version.

15. Jennifer on July 8, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Hot Shot is great. It kills those little buggers IMMEDIATELY. The only problem I have with it is the smell, but all that’s changed for me now that they have a floral scent!

16. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on July 8, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Ahhh, I was just trying to spray ants off the deck, my kids must have spilled something there. I really need to pick some of this stuff up!

17. Aimee Smith on July 8, 2014 at 2:45 pm

We just had our bug guy come, but I always keep some of this stuff around just in case!

18. Mama to 5 BLessings on July 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm

HATE wasps, I am allergic to them, last time I got stung by one I had to go to the hospital.

19. Laura (Lauras Little House Tips) on July 8, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Very hard to control bugs living in NC. I hate them haha. These are great tips. Thanks for sharing.

20. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 8, 2014 at 11:09 am

We get tons of bees, hornets and wasps around here for some reason. We always have Hot Shot on hand.

21. Tiffany (Fabulous Mom Blog) on July 8, 2014 at 10:05 am

I’ve had to use more wasp spray this year than any other year, they are bad this summer. I use this exact same spray, it really works.