Share Your Travel Disasters With Choice Hotels & Win #VacayGoneCrayCray Story

This is a partnered post with Choice Hotels.

vacay gone cray cray

We all have that vacation horror story, I know plenty of people who will attest to having horrible honey moons because of shady hotel bookings. Then there’s the room you book online that you show up and realize the pictures are 10 years old and that sparkling pool is now a pukey shade of green. From bad luck to bad weather and whatever happened in between Choice Hotels wants to hear about your Vacay Gone Cray Cray.

You can submit your own story for a chance to win a $10,000 vacation do-over. In between they will have a little fun by reenacting a few Rhett & Link style.

Just check out this video to learn more!

Vacation Pictures Mom with kids (1)

Let me tell you a little about our vacation gone cray cray story. Two years ago we planned a big two week family vacation for Christmas to southern California. We visited Yosemite and played in the snow on Christmas in the mountains. After leaving the mountains our plans, as in we had been planning for 6 months to visit every southern California theme park. From San Diego to San Francisco we planned on doing it all on our way back home to Oregon.

Except leaving the mountains our oldest kiddo spiked a high fever. What could it be? We were far form home and our doctors although I had a suspicion it was an ear infection we followed our plan and checked into our next hotel. Pain reliever helped so I figured it was just a little cold and maybe she just needed some rest. We ended up in the ER in the middle of the night because after surviving two theme parks Sea World and Legoland on New Years she was still sick.

Kids at Sea World, Legoland, And Universal Studios

Sure enough she had an ear infection and while she was on the road to feeling better we were supposed to be at Disneyland and Universal Studios. This vacation we had planned we ended up having a good time and even though she didn;t feel well she sucked it up and had a good time! I will always remember it as our worst vacation.

Kids at Disneyland

Can you think of a vacation you have been on that hasn’t gone as planned? Remember to share your Vacay Gone Cray Cray story and you can win!

You can like Choice Hotels on Facebook and follow @ChoiceHotels on Twitter plus share online with the #VacayGoneCrayCray hashtag!

1. Debi on July 19, 2014 at 8:04 am

I have always been so lucky, (knock on wood) that we have never had any sick kiddos when we were traveling. That is a shame she wasn’t feeling well.

2. Amber Louise Edwards on July 19, 2014 at 4:58 am

Thankfully, I don’t have many! I am not going to complain! Sounds like you had a super trooper there with your little one on your trip!

3. Jenn on July 19, 2014 at 4:56 am

I have quite a few travels gone bad! I bet I could clean up with the stories LOL

4. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 19, 2014 at 3:50 am

I got super sick one of the years when I went to Disney & it was terrible. Thankfully we go every year, so it wasn’t one of those once in a life time trips.

5. Liz Mays on July 18, 2014 at 8:56 pm

She really powered through it, the poor little thing. It’s the worst when you get sick on a vacation. It’s not supposed to be like that!

6. Ann Bacciaglia on July 18, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Oh no, poor thing getting sick on vacation. Fevers and ear infections are not fun 🙁

7. tammileetips on July 18, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Glad she was able to have fun even with the ear infection. That would be hard to have the kids get sick on vacation and not near their doctors.

8. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on July 18, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Aww, that’s horrible that that happened. Glad it turned out alright though. A child getting sick is always my worst fear when planning a vacay.

9. CrazyMom a/k/a Melanie on July 18, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Awww sooo sorry your little one had this happen during vacation 🙁 we can honestly say we have been lucky so far with all our trips and always make the best of it…thanks for sharing, loved your pictures

10. Pam on July 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm

It sucks that she was sick through so much of the trip. I have had several vacations where the kids got sick in the middle of them.

11. Janel on July 18, 2014 at 4:15 pm

It’s the worst when your trip gets ruined by feeling horrible and sick! 🙁 Glad you were able to figure out what was up, but bummer she had to suffer through much of your trip.

12. Jennifer on July 18, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Wow. That’s so sad for your little girl. It sounds like she had a good time in spite of it, but it still sucks. =/ Hopefully (knock on wood) I’ll never have a cray cray experience… ever.

13. Dawn on July 18, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Although I’ve had some minor incidents while travelling, I’ve never had anything truly disastrous happen. I’m so glad your little girl was okay. What a trooper to make it through all of that!

14. Courtney on July 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm

That’s so sad! I’d hate for my little girl to get sick on such a fun trip. What a tough little thing to do all that stuff while not feeling well!

15. Mandi (Moments With Mandi) on July 18, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Awww, poor kid! She is a trooper though for trying to have fun while not feeling well.

16. Dede on July 18, 2014 at 12:35 pm

My daughter got violently ill at DisneyWorld. I think she got overheated since we were there in June. My husband still thinks that was the worst trip we ever took!!

17. Shauna on July 18, 2014 at 12:21 pm

We have also showed up on vacation to realize one of the kids was sick… ugh… nasty… ha! I will have to go enter. Thanks for sharing

18. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on July 18, 2014 at 11:29 am

Awe, that sucks! We’ve all had these horror stories, I know I’ve had a few. What a great contest!!

19. Mama to 5 BLessings on July 18, 2014 at 11:28 am

I am so glad it all worked out! With kids anything can happen!