Making Family Memories With McDonald’s

mcds

I often look back at our family memories and there are certain moments that stand out. We are a family that does a lot of traveling and living in Southern California it’s so easy to have a full days worth of fun! McDonald’s is one of those restaurants that has been a part of so many of our family memories.

It all started so many years ago. See my very first birthday party was at McDonald’s. I remember gathering all of my friends and huddling into the giant refrigerator where they keep many of the foods that go into every meal. Everyone at my party got a Happy Meal and I remember playing party games down by the lake as the sun started to go down.
Childhood is one of those rare moments in life where everything is endless. You can find endless joy in almost every moment and my husband and I have been committed to giving our children those special moments.

I can’t tell you how many trips I took as a child where I remember eating my favorite french fries or the way the onions taste so sweet as they slowly melt the top of the cheese on my cheeseburger. Little did I know making memories back then that every 100% beef burger patty is freshly seasoned right in every restaurant as it cooks. My little ladies can’t get enough of the white meat chicken breast in the Chicken McNuggets. Paired with the cutest mini french fries and apples and milk my girls are ready for a busy day of play!

brooklin mcds

When pregnant with my first child I couldn’t get enough of McDonald’s endless freshly made salads. Knowing that at McDonald’s your food is prepared with some of the same ingredients that come from my local grocer and since McDonald’s partners with chefs, farmers and suppliers I can feel that same small sense of community like I did so many years ago right in my own neighborhood. My husband; the coffee lover appreciates the freshly brewed coffee that goes into every glorious cup!

mia mcds

Now that we are a busy family of five you will often find us on the go. Between days at local theme parks to traveling to see America’s greatest wonders McDonald’s has been a part of so many moments in our lives.

I remember a few months ago while on a family road trip we stopped into McDonald’s. As I bit into my freshly made cheeseburger I told my husband how many memories just the taste brings back to me. The smell of freshly prepared fries means days at the lake growing up or the sweet onion on a cheeseburger brings me back to my first real birthday party since being adopted at age 3.

As I look back at all of the moments, the good and the bad somehow some of my sweetest of memories involve the golden arches. Now I get to pass along those sweet moments with my children!

How are you making memories and creating moments with your family?

mcondalds logo

Compensation was provided by McDonald’s via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of McDonald’s.

1. Sarah Marturano on August 2, 2014 at 7:44 am

My family has so many memories from McDonald’s as well. My kids can’t get enough Happy Meals and PlayPlace time!

2. Liza @ Views From the 'Ville on August 1, 2014 at 11:21 am

I have some great memories of McDonald’s from when I was younger, too. There was a specially decorated one near the beach we visited and some of the “booths” looked like gondolas. Outside was the best Play Place, with a “jail” tower you could climb and hang out with the Hamburgler!

3. CrazyMom a/k/a Melanie on August 1, 2014 at 9:27 am

How fun and loved hearing about all your family memories at McDonald’s; we have lots of our own, too from their favorite meals to the best McDonalds in town.. YUP my kids have stories for them all… Thanks for sharing, will make a stop for lunch now 🙂

4. Christine on July 31, 2014 at 11:55 pm

We try to do something special at least once a month.

5. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on July 31, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Great pictures! Looks like you all were enjoying yourselves.

6. Liz Mays on July 31, 2014 at 9:13 pm

My McDonald’s memories are hot apple pies after ice skating. That was a tradition for us as children!

7. Ann Bacciaglia on July 31, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I make sure the kids and I make as many memories as we can, We know first hand how precious life is and making memories is a priority.

8. Brett on July 31, 2014 at 7:40 pm

We haven’t gone to McDonalds in a while. We usually only stop when we’re traveling.

9. StacieinAtlanta on July 31, 2014 at 7:22 pm

My kids love the play area at McDonald’s. They would never leave if allowed.

10. Jen Temcio @dapperhouse on July 31, 2014 at 6:53 pm

My kids still wish that they were small enough to play in the kids area at McDonald’s. They love going there at least 3 times a week whether it be for food, a drink or a treat.

11. Shauna on July 31, 2014 at 5:10 pm

That is funny.. I think my first birthday party was at McDonald’s as well.. Ha! We love going, it is the first place the kids ask for when I ask them what they want.

12. Pam on July 31, 2014 at 4:38 pm

My daughter had a birthday party at a McDonald’s with a giant indoor playplace once. It was one of her favorite birthday parties as a child.

13. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on July 31, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Awe, so sweet! I remember going to a lot of birthday parties there as a kid, then when my own go – the memories come flooding back. I love the happy look on their aces when they get the toy too! 🙂

14. Mama to 5 BLessings on July 31, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I like their chicken wraps, they are so good! They have come a long way since I Was a kid!

15. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on July 31, 2014 at 1:50 pm

We are making memories everyday! My favorite memories are always made around the table. To have meals together is the best gift we can give to our children!

16. Stefany (ToBeThode) on July 31, 2014 at 10:38 am

Seriously, your family is so cute. The girls are just adorable! As far as my family, we try to spend as much time doing things together as we can. Sometimes it is hard to do, but it is so worth it in the end!

17. Amber Edwards on July 31, 2014 at 9:03 am

We have a lot of great memories at McDonald’s. During the winter it is fun to take them there to play in the playground and enjoy a snack just to get out of the house.

18. Stefani Tolson on July 31, 2014 at 8:19 am

We have had some good times at McDonalds too! I didn’t have a birthday party when I was little but I have had one there for one of my children. My son would have a Happy Meal every day if he could.

19. Jennifer on July 31, 2014 at 6:42 am

I have some really fond memories of good times at McDonald’s. I think most people probably do. I love that they have healthier menu options these days. Now we can create great memories without creating obesity.

20. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 31, 2014 at 2:49 am

We do a lot of things as a family and sometimes McDonald’s is one of the places we go. As a treat, though 🙂

21. Amanda on July 30, 2014 at 5:31 pm

We love finding fun things to do together . Family movie nights are always fun!