Getting Older Together – Our Journey

our ordinary familyLast month I introduced you to the first part of my story, our story. So many years ago I wished I would have known how fast time go by and how quickly our family would change and grow. I look at our family of five today as our girls are growing up and remember we didn’t always start out this way.

babys

Kai was born in 2005 I had just turned 20 and we had just started out our life together. Having gone through foster care and not having parents myself I wanted nothing more than to be her mommy.  I feel like after Kaila was born is when our life truly started.

kaila and mommy

We quickly found ourselves with a full blown toddler and boy was she cute! It seems like just as quickly as I had made my way through college Kai made her way to dayschool and we found ourselves planning for Brooklin. In spring of 2009 Brooklin was born, from the moment we laid eyes on her there were her dimples. And she was full of personality from the start!

brooklin

It’s funny because so much life happened in the past 9 years of our life. We were surprised in 2012 when our third daughter Mia was born. It’s so cliche but she makes our family feel complete. Her big blue eyes are just as sweet as she is!

mia

Looking back as we have gotten older we could not have gotten this far without the support from our family. I often look to my husbands family because I don’t have much family of my own but without a doubt they have helped my personal success. Not only in college when books and children and all the  of the realities of life added up I could not have made it through without their support. See my husband’s family is filled with remarkable women who have inspired me to work hard for the things I want in life. They are a glowing example of how powerful women can be and I’m lucky that they are a part of my life.

family

For my husband who without a doubt makes me a better person each and every day. He’s not only helped me succeeded in my goals professionally but as a family he’s what keeps us together and having fun. Not matter what we do from here on out I’m just glad we get to do it together! It’s funny because I feel like I’m in the stage where my children are growing so fast and I really am desperate to create happy moments with them each and every day. I’m desperate to soak in every blissful moment.

My favorite moments as we grow older together are the ordinary moments, together as a family. Those are the best!

ordinary moments

Who has been there for you on your journey?

State-Farm-Logo

Like a good neighbor State Farm is there.

Compensation was provided by State Farm via Mode Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of State Farm.

1. Janet W. on July 21, 2014 at 3:33 am

You have such an amazing and beautiful family! Cherish all of those moments you have together!

2. Brett on July 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Love hearing stories about
    Women lifting one another UP! I’m glad you have a happy ending

3. myrah - Coupon Mamacita on July 17, 2014 at 6:58 am

I really enjoyed this topic! So important to stick to our guns and live and enjoy life together!

4. Mama to 5 BLessings on July 17, 2014 at 4:51 am

What sweet photo’s! Savor each moment, it flies!

5. Amber Louise Edwards on July 17, 2014 at 4:38 am

Life goes so fast, doesn’t it?? This was a really great post! Enjoy all of it!

6. Jenn on July 17, 2014 at 3:43 am

I have an awesome family!
    You guys look like you’ve made such a happy life for yourselves!! Very sweet!

7. Tara on July 16, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I have a very supportive family and I am looking forward to a very awesome future.

8. Liz Mays on July 16, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Awwww, you sure do make pretty babies, girlie! I’m glad that you have a supportive family via your hubs!

9. Ann Bacciaglia on July 16, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Nice post but it makes me miss my late husband. He was always there for me and my rock in life.

10. Kathleen Garber on July 16, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Loved the pictures and sentiments of your family, thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about your family feeling complete. After child #3 we decided no more children. It was more my husband’s decision though. A few years later I just felt it wasn’t complete, like I needed one more. Now that we have 4, I feel complete. I have no desire to have more children, I feel like our family is the way it should be.

11. Amy Desrosiers on July 16, 2014 at 6:42 pm

This is so bittersweet! It seemed likes my three angels grew up overnight too. I kinda want them to stop growing too quickly.

12. CrazyMom a/k/a Melanie on July 16, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Ohhh how sweet..loved the pictures and let me tell you, treasure them while they are little.. mine will be 19 and 15 this year (well the baby will be 7..lol) and I can’t believe how fast time flew by.. trust me when they say “Don’t blink”… Don’t!!!!!

13. Pam on July 16, 2014 at 5:58 pm

My husband has always been there on my journey for me!

14. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on July 16, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I love this. My Husband and I truly enjoy our journey as well.

15. JulieK on July 16, 2014 at 3:20 pm

What a lovely family! I definitely think my hubby has been here for me the most on my journey!

16. Janel on July 16, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I love that picture of her little! So adorable! It’s amazing how quickly life changes as you grow up.

17. Laura (Lauras Little House Tips) on July 16, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Oh how sweet. Your children are beautiful. It sure is true don’t blink. Mine are all in their 20’s and I’d love one more minute or a life time of hugs and snuggles instead of video hi’s .

18. Daisy on July 16, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Awe, how sweet! It gave me flashbacks of my own little boy and how quickly he has grown.

19. Shauna on July 16, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Awe, thank you so much for sharing your journey. Hubby and I have been through a huge journey through life and I can’t wait for more ups and downs… hopefully more ups than downs, though

20. Nolie on July 16, 2014 at 1:03 pm

What a great post.

21. Dawn on July 16, 2014 at 10:51 am

It’s amazing how time flies. It’s like one day you’re settling into your new life with all the hopes and dreams that come with it, then you turn around and suddenly years have gone by. If you’re lucky (as you’ve been, and I’ve been) those years have been mostly filled with happiness and love.

22. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 16, 2014 at 8:59 am

It’s funny how things just go along and life happens. I am thankful for my husband and children along my journey.