Recipe: Frozen To Fresh – Quick Hashbrowns

This post brought to you by American Frozen Foods Institute and the Frozen Food Roundtable. All opinions are 100% mine.

Ore Ida Hashbrown Breakfast Pancakes Eggs Fruits (4)

One thing our family loves is breakfast for dinner. I like to use what I have in the house and make a semi-homemade meal. It’s an easy way to guarantee my family a fresh meal and there are some real benefits of frozen foods.

Using simple ingredients like frozen hash browns you can easily create a quick and easy meal in a flash. The best thing about frozen food is how quickly fresh ingredients are frozen to preserve freshness. You don’t have to buy everything fresh to serve your family a healthy meal with fresh vs frozen.

To make the hash browns for our dinner I quickly sauteed onion. I always seem to have plenty of extra vegetables around and breakfast for diner is a great way to sneak in extra veggies. Especially when it comes to eggs and hash browns.

Ore Ida Hashbrown Breakfast Pancakes Eggs Fruits (2)

I also added a freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese and serve it with brown butter eggs and spicy tomatoes and pancakes with fruit. It’s so simple and fresh and easy to make a meal in a flash and that’s why frozen foods work for our family. It’s simple to make a delicious meal for your family and that’s what I hope to inspire other families to continue doing.

Ore Ida Hashbrown Breakfast Pancakes Eggs Fruits (1)   Ore Ida Hashbrown Breakfast Pancakes Eggs Fruits (3)

I’d like to encourage you to visit and learn more about how Frozen. How Fresh Stays Fresh . I’d love to know how you make frozen and fresh meals for your family!

How are you making meals quick and healthy for your family?

1. Nicole on September 26, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I love when you can buy froze stuff and just add fresh ingredients to it to enhance the flavor, and sometimes people don’t even know. 😉

2. Julie Wood on September 26, 2014 at 8:52 am

These hashbrowns look so delicious and easy to make. I like making pizza as a fast dinner idea. I will have to make these delicious hashbrowns soon!

3. Robin Wilson on September 25, 2014 at 6:10 am

I have seen these many times in the store and have wondered how well they tasted and how hard they were to make. You can bet I’ll be getting some the next time I see them!

4. Jordan on August 7, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Love hashbrowns, especially Oreida ones!

5. saminder gumer on August 5, 2014 at 8:49 pm

i love ore ida hash browns. they are a breakfast staple for the family and i love to make potato pancakes with them as well.

6. Amy Orvin on August 5, 2014 at 4:01 am

Hashbrowns have always been a favorite in my house. They are great with any meal not just breakfast. I love them!

7. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on July 28, 2014 at 12:00 pm

OMG, I could totally use this!!! So delicious, I love hashbrowns.

8. Racquel on July 24, 2014 at 6:57 am

Those look delicious. I’m a big fan of hashbrowns but making your own can be so time consuming.

9. courtney b on July 22, 2014 at 9:21 pm

what a colorful breakfast. Making me so hungry. hasbrowns is the one thing my whole family loves!

10. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on July 22, 2014 at 6:35 am

oooh, looks delish! I usually only have shredded hash browns in restaurants, but aren’t I making them at home? Thanks for the recipe!! 🙂

11. valmg @ From Val's Kitchen on July 22, 2014 at 5:28 am

There are some things I love keeping in my freezer to help save time. Potatoes and vegetables are two of them.

12. Amy Desrosiers on July 22, 2014 at 5:28 am

Love this meal so much! I love their hashbrowns too because they are always fresh and flavorful!

13. Aimee Smith on July 21, 2014 at 9:19 pm

We make this exact dinner at least once a week at our house! Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here!

14. Carlee C on July 21, 2014 at 8:21 pm

YUM! Hash browns just complete the breakfast meal for sure. I also like them along side meatloaf.

15. tammileetips on July 21, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Those hashbrowns look delicious, I love putting vegetables in to my breakfast food makes them more filling!

16. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on July 21, 2014 at 7:39 pm

We make meals healthy by starting with the veggie or fruit and how we want to prepare them, and then deciding what will go with our choice! …and some nights, we just decide burritos and shove all the good stuff inside for a veggie and protein packed meal!

17. Liz Mays on July 21, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I like things like that where you can use some and save some for another meal. Multiple portions make life so much easier!

18. Laura (Another Cent Saved) on July 21, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Your dinner looks really good. I will have to grab some of these. I tend to do everything from scratch out of habit but it would be nice to have an alternative. It may have to wait till after I get the summer garden put away but thank you for the reminder that you don’t always have to work so hard to have a great meal.

19. Sandra on July 21, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I love these! I use them all the time!

20. Dede on July 21, 2014 at 7:13 pm

There are a few things that taste better when they’re made from packaged ingredients — for me, hashbrowns is one of them. From scratch, my hashbrowns always get gray and mushy. We use a similar recipe as the one you posted; my kids gobble them up!

21. Pam on July 21, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I love hashbrowns! Frozen hashbrowns are so convenient, and I love using them in recipes like hashbrown casserole.

22. April on July 21, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I like baking chicken.

23. Mama to 5 BLessings on July 21, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Now that is a real breakfast! Those hash browns look amazing!

24. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on July 21, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Frozen hashvbrowns come in soo handy. We’ve been making some creative meals around here with them too!

25. Amber Edwards on July 21, 2014 at 6:05 pm

I use a lot of frozen foods in my meal preparation. Frozen foods don’t spoil as quickly as fresh and they still have the same nutritional value as fresh.

26. Janel on July 21, 2014 at 6:00 pm

That looks delicious! I’m a big fan of hashbrowns, but I don’t know how to make them.

27. Shelley on July 21, 2014 at 5:38 pm

I can’t believe how great these turned out! I’d never have believed they were frozen!

28. Kathy on July 21, 2014 at 5:23 pm

That breakfast looks amazing. You did a great job making it fresh and delicious looking!

29. Meagan on July 21, 2014 at 5:14 pm

I’m always on the hunt for quick and easy recipes! This would make the perfect side for our Saturday morning breakfasts!

30. Shauna on July 21, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I love things like this… super easy to make and add to any dish… When I make meals, I put a lot of time into a main dish, but the sides, I like to be easy and quick

31. Jenn (Sweet T Makes Three) on July 21, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Those look delicious. Hashbrowns is a must-have for breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!).

32. Nolie on July 21, 2014 at 3:37 pm

We love hash browns. Breakfast is never complete without them.

33. MommaDJane on July 21, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Those hashbrowns look so good. Maybe we will do breakfast for dinner tonight. I add cheese in mine but my husband likes bell peppers and onions in his.

34. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 21, 2014 at 2:24 pm

We actually buy these all the time. I love the idea of adding onions to them!

35. Sandra VanHoey on July 21, 2014 at 7:06 am

I have a few bags of these hash browns in our freezer. They are great and I too put some onions in when I make them along with cheese. Simply delicious and seeing your plates you made I must say, I am hungry now.

36. Janet W. on July 19, 2014 at 4:50 am

Those hashbrowns look delicious! I’ve never made hashbrowns at home before, that’s just usually something I order when we eat out.

37. courtney b on July 18, 2014 at 9:27 pm

i dont lol its so hard to make fresh healthy breakfasts!! but maybe one day i will start!