Simple Spring Desserts – Simple Boston Cream Pie Recipe

Spring is here and we have a lot of entertaining with family and friends coming up. With all that springtime joy also comes some of my favorite family moments, the meals! See in our family we do family mealtime together and that means dessert too. I am a big believer that sometimes the best meals are also the simplest and I often turn to ingredients in the kitchen to also help make feeding my family and friends a little easier.

Kraft is one of those brands you remember from growing up. That creamy chocolate pudding with a sandwich on a hot summer day as I played outside in the mountains with my sister. Maybe it’s baking sweet treats for all the guests who came for Christmas with Baker’s chocolate, or summer barbecues with sweet berries and Cool Whip. Kraft is just one of those brands that is in all of those memories.

Kraft Boston Cream Pie (2)This spring I really want to try to make new memories with my family and cook with those products I always have in my kitchen. Finding unique ways to use simple ingredients is what I enjoy most about cooking and I think it’s all those sweet moments with food as a child that makes me have a greater respect for the power in a family meal.

I have teamed up with Kraft for a series of recipes using products that you may have right in your kitchen. To show how simple it is to create a dessert I made the Easy Layered Boston Cream Pie.

The recipe itself is super simple and all you need is Cool Whip, Jell-O, angel food cake and Baker’s Chocolate. I followed the directions on the website and started with the vanilla pudding and Cool Whip mixture. Simply combine 1/2 cup Cool Whip and one box of Jell-O Vanilla Pudding for the cream filling.

Kraft Boston Cream Pie (3)

I wanted to make sure I cut the angel food cake correctly and there’s a number of ways to do it. A cake leveler works well for creating a straight line, a bread knife also works well. I filled each layer with the cream mixture in a piping bag.

Kraft Boston Cream Pie (4)

Kraft Boston Cream Pie (5)

Once your cake is put together you can start melting the Baker’s Chocolate. It’s very easy to do in a microwave bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Every 30 seconds you should stur the choclate until it is smooth. Spoon that chocolate mixture over the cake and refrigerate the cake for 30 minutes to allow to set.

Kraft Boston Cream Pie Cake (2)1

To serve this simple desert just slice and serve to guests. I just love how simple it is to create something truly unique and something that everyone is going to enjoy!

Kraft Boston Cream Pie Cake (4)To find more recipe ideas like this one be sure to visit Kraft on Facebook.

Sweeten up this spring with easy dessert recipes from Kraft.

kraft_AuthorLogo

Compensation was provided by Kraft via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft.

1. alicia k (Petite Pilates Pixie) on June 9, 2014 at 4:57 am

i love boston creme pie donuts so im sure i’ll like this!

2. Julie Wood on May 15, 2014 at 10:42 am

I love Boston Cream Pie but always felt that it was too hard for me to make. Well I looked at your recipe and I can say that it is easy to make and looks delicious. I am going to make this for a Spring and Summertime treat.

3. Mary Happymommy on April 28, 2014 at 5:46 am

This looks so decadent! My mouth is watering.

4. Simple Spring Desserts – Boston Cream Pie Pops Recipe on April 17, 2014 at 8:59 am

[…] spring we are serving up some fun and easy dessert ideas with Kraft so yesterday I shared an Easy Boston Cream Pie Recipe. My girls wanted to create a fun Boston Cream Pie recipe of their very own so we created these fun […]

5. Tammilee on April 16, 2014 at 5:37 am

This looks amazing. Is it wrong I want it for breakfast?
    I could totally dive into that and enjoy a slice or 3 right now.

6. Mama to 5 BLessings on April 16, 2014 at 4:36 am

oh my goodness this looks great and so easy to make — brilliant~!

7. Tara on April 15, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Excuse me as I wipe the drool. YUM! And Easy! Perfect! We all love Boston Cream Pie and this could be my next favorite dessert!

8. valmg @ Mom Knows It All on April 15, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Boston Cream is my Dad’s favorite. I’ll have to share this with my Mom, it’s nice and easy!

9. Liz Mays on April 15, 2014 at 8:29 pm

That is just so very pretty and I love how easy it is to make! Looks delicious!

10. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on April 15, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Oh gosh, Boston Creme Pie is like my guilty pleasure. You simply cannot go wrong!

11. saminder gumer on April 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm

i love this and the fact that you used jello to make it all. thanks.

12. Amy Desrosiers on April 15, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I never realized how easy it was to make a Boston Cream Pie! You’d think I would have since I like 50 miles outside of Boston!

13. Jennifer Soltys on April 15, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Wow, that sure does look easy!!! Looks delicious, too! YUM!

14. Michele Brosius on April 15, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Oh my word, so simple but looks amazing! I will be making this for the Easter dessert table. Adding Jello to the grocery list, right now.

15. Marina on April 15, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Sounds absurd but would you believe I’ve never tried Boston Cream Pie? And yours looks delicious, I must add!

16. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on April 15, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Oh my gosh! I love this recipe, perhaps I need to make it this weekend, looks so easy!

17. Keikilani on April 15, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I want a bite! This looks so yummy. I am so going to make it!

18. Jenn on April 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm

DUDE!! I love Boston Creme Pie so much! I am going to try your recipe, you make it look SO easy!

19. Katy Rawson on April 15, 2014 at 3:24 pm

These are products we have grown up with. What can be created with them never ceases to amaze me. This Boston cream is so good I can’t stop myself.

20. Sofia on April 15, 2014 at 3:18 pm

This looks amazing!! I’m gonna have to make it for my husband who loves Boston Cream Pie.

21. Dawn on April 15, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Oh that looks so good! I really want to make that now. Yum!

22. Dawn Lopez on April 15, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Oh yummers! I am a HUGE fan of Boston Cream Pie and this is an awesome take on it! I adore that it’s so easy to whip up! Priceless!

23. Pam on April 15, 2014 at 1:45 pm

This looks really good, I love the Boston Cream Pie flavor! This cake is almost too pretty to cut.

24. Angela S on April 15, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I usually make Boston Cream Cupcakes, but this looks even better. Delish!

25. Ellen Christian on April 15, 2014 at 12:59 pm

We love Boston Cream Pie. I haven’t made one in years!

26. Jen Temcio @dapperhouse on April 15, 2014 at 12:13 pm

My boys and husband always buy Boston Creme donuts so I will be excited to surprise them with this! Thank you for making it easy enough for me to make it too 🙂