Canada Dry Ginger Ale 10 Ten in glass with ice

Easy Fitness Tips For Real Moms

“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #TENways  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

easy fitness tips items for real moms

I am a busy mom of three but I really do enjoy fitness. From working at out home having fun with my girls, hiking in the mountains, or running to the beat of the music fitness is something that is a part of my every day life. With summer coming we are all starting to think about swim suit weather, and shorts and cute tanks. I know I want to look and feel my very best this summer so I’m starting to really make better choices to go along with the goals I want to achieve. There is not reason to live life while not enjoying it, and that includes your senses too.

3 Easy Fitness Tips For Real Moms

1. Find Your Bliss – Find something that makes you happy and do that. It doesn’t have to be difficult, you don’t have to be a marathon runner, just have fun and exercise! I love to involve my family like going for a naturla wilderness hike to explore our local area! Staying active and healthy with your family sets a great example plus the whole family gets to stay in shape and fit!
  2. Stay Organized – I find if I have everything ready to go I can easily sneak out during nap time for a quick run or lift some weights in the home gym. I love the idea of a fitness basket that has all of your go-to items. I pack mine full of hair ties, headbands, deodorant, facial wipes, a water bottle, headphones, a jump rope, fitness running belt, compression socks and quick snacks and performance enhancers which saves me time making workout nothing that really has to interrupt my day.
  3. Don’t Beat Yourself Up – So you broke your “diet” or you had an extra slice of birthday cake at a party or maybe a sweet drink, give yourself a little slack. Stop feeling so guilty, making healthy choices is what’s it’s all about. Allow yourself to enjoy a bubbly drink like a Ginger Ale which I noticed is one of the Four TEN Beverages or soda that is great after a long workout helping me not to worry about every single calorie that I just fought to burn off.

Canada Dry Ginger Ale 10 Ten (3)

When I want to give myself a treat after a long run or a personal fitness goal I like to enjoy a bubbly glass of a refreshing drink like Canada Dry Ginger Ale which is one of the TEN Beverages or sodas and is light and crisp. I can easily find it at my local Walmart stores and is the perfect afternoon cool down but also a sweet treat to a strong workout. I love Ginger Ale on flights and while relaxing on the beach, and now I can bring it to my workouts without being disappointed about losing all the calories I just burnt. It takes a lot to run off 100 calories not so much 10.

There’s nothing more relaxing than sitting with a cool drink and allowing your body to decompress a little, and having a sparkling drink is a easy way to refresh. And at only 10 calories I don’t have to beat yourself up either about how long it takes me to run to burn so many calories!

sparkling drinking in glass with ice

Get A Deal:

Use this coupon at Walmart and you can get $0.50 off of the purchase of TWO 2 Liter bottles or TWO 4-pack cans of TEN 7-up,  TEN A&W Root Beer, TEN Canada Dry Ginger Ale, TEN RC, or TEN Sunkist soda. Offer available while supplies last from 3/27 – 4/17

Also be sure to follow DPSG on Facebook and DPSG Twitter.

What are some easy ways that you stay active and fit?

1. kilynn keesling on April 13, 2014 at 1:27 pm

gotta try this since im still trying to loose the baby weight

2. Amanda on April 4, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I totally agree with not beating yourself up! It’s ok to enjoy a treat but just get back on it the next day.

3. Michele Brosius on April 1, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I am really working hard to make ME a priority and get myself into shape and eating right. Thanks for the great tips!

4. Melanie a/k/a CrazyMom on March 30, 2014 at 10:35 am

Thanks for sharing.. GREAt tips.. and will you believe it, I never had Ginger Ale EVER!! Soo need to try it, I keep hearing people talk about it.

5. Mama to 5 BLessings on March 30, 2014 at 5:13 am

Love soda, I am going to have to try this, sounds like a great alternative!

6. Greta on March 30, 2014 at 12:40 am

I love to get out for a walk. It helps me clear my mind and get my day started.

7. Katy Rawson on March 29, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I love your tip to “find your bliss.” I have wanted, for years, just to go on bike rides with my family. And the very moment that my oldest could do it and ride along on her own bike, I have twins! Looks like a bike trailer is in my future to make that happen.

8. emily on March 29, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I quit soda, but this is a great option for those who aren’t ready to give it up!!

9. Melissa on March 29, 2014 at 8:16 am

#1 is so important. If you don’t love what you are doing, its so hard to get motivated to do it.

10. Jennifer Soltys on March 29, 2014 at 6:48 am

Great tips for sure!!! I like to be extra active while doing daily chores. Dance party while cleaning, butt squeezes while driving, etc. 😉

11. Angela S on March 29, 2014 at 6:44 am

I like to take my dogs for walks. It’s something I enjoy and good exercise.

12. Lisa on March 28, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I fit it in when I can – meaning, I’m NOT a morning person so I don’t “try” to get up early and workout because I either won’t or I will hate it and quit doing.

13. Dawn Lopez on March 28, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Thanks for the tips! I am ready for spring and getting back into my fitness! I love walking outdoors the most but I need a backup plan!

14. Carlee C on March 28, 2014 at 7:11 pm

I clean my house a lot, and garden. 🙂 I also eat a half a bagel or sandwich and drink lots of water.

15. brett on March 28, 2014 at 6:04 pm

i <3 a&w and need to get to the store to get some of that. like now. i am anxious to get over being sick so i can start back up on the elliptical

16. valmg @ Mom Knows It All on March 28, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I walk a little if possible but since lung surgery active is not in my vocabulary. I haven’t seen the Core 10 around here yet.

17. Jen Temcio @dapperhouse on March 28, 2014 at 5:39 pm

What a great idea to have all that stuff in a fitness basket! I cant tell you how many times I have gotten on the treadmill and forgotten a hair tie!! I am loving the TEN sodas too. Something about that carbonation and sweetness is magic.

18. Nicole B on March 28, 2014 at 5:14 pm

I try to get in at least 30 minutes of daily exercise and we’re working on eating healthier.

19. Marina on March 28, 2014 at 2:58 pm

With 3 kiddos, 1 being a 1 month old it has been pretty active in our home the past couple of weeks 🙂

20. Amy Desrosiers on March 28, 2014 at 1:09 pm

To stay active and fit I only drink lemon water, eat healthy and make sure to exercise daily for 1 hour+.

21. Stacey @ Cheap is the New Classy on March 28, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I love going out to walk my dog! You are right, find your bliss… if you don’t enjoy it, you won’t do it!

22. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on March 28, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I’ve made it a priority to get on that treadmill every morning. 2 months in and I feel great, and when I feel lazy I try and remind myself of how much better I feel. Canada Dry Ginger Ale … Mmmm, I could use some right now!!

23. Liz Mays on March 28, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I happen to have some of that ginger ale next to me right now. I just love how it bubbles and tickles as you sip it. It’s so good and a super reward for a good workout.

24. Ellen Christian on March 28, 2014 at 10:29 am

I actually write exercise in my planner. Somehow having it written out in front of me really helps.