Party Planning: Luau Party

Last year we threw our first big birthday party! I never got around to writing about the party or all of the details that went into it but as we are starting to plan for this years big birthday party I had a few party planning tips I wanted to share.

I started by deciding on a party theme and collecting supplies throughout the year. I came across great sales and picked up pieces along the way. Since it’s all in the details we rented out a pool house and had a pool party! Decor on the tables, walls and around the room really transformed the pool house. My favorite detail was the wall hangings of palm trees and totem poles.

luau party

The party tables were so fun to create. Simple paper plates and confetti dressed the table.

luau party birthday

luau party

We served a menu of fruit salad, pork, plenty of pineapple and other salads!

This year we are planning a circus complete with horses to ride, popcorn and cotton candy. It’s going to be grand and I’m already starting to put together pieces to the party.

Do you have any party planning tips?

1. Ethan Mason on February 4, 2014 at 5:34 am

Beautiful decoration you have done Kristin and I love the green color that grassy effect you have given in the background wall and on the table..Thanks for sharing such a wonderful design of b’day parties with us as I was searching for new design of decoration for my son’s b’day.

2. Heather Hayes Panjon on January 17, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I Love All The Ideas, The Lanterns Around The Mantle Is Very Creative, Also I Love The Detail Of The Tables, I Love Luau Parties Especially In The Summer.

3. Sarah Hirsch on January 15, 2014 at 10:59 am

What a cute and fun party! I don’t have any planning tips because i like having the kids’ birthday parties outside of my home so that I don’t have to clean and nothing gets broken. 😉

4. Amanda Roberts on January 12, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Stocking up through the year is something I do too. It makes it much less of a punch to the wallet when party time comes!!

5. mrsshukra on January 12, 2014 at 12:28 pm

We love luaus here in Hawaii! Sadly, I don’t plan a lot of parties!

6. shelly peterson on January 10, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Luau Parties are fun! that was the theme I used for my daughters graduation party and loved decorating for it and having her dress in a grass skirt and coconut shell top. We didnt have a pool but we did have a huge Pinata, your’e never too old right? Your new party sounds just as fun as this one! Now I need a party theme for my other daughter that is graduating this June.

7. saminder gumer on January 10, 2014 at 6:48 pm

i dont plan parties that often but when i do i keep it simple. this seems very elaborate to me. did it take a long time to set up?