GoldieBlox is a toy company out to inspire the next generation of female engineers. Construction toys help kids develop spatial skills and get them interested in math and science. For decades its been a boy’s club until now. GoldieBlox is an interactive book + construction toy starring Goldie, a kid inventor who solves problems by building simple machines.
It’s time to build a new story so our girls can help build our future and we were so thrilled to receive one of these to review. In fact we are already buying our girls toys just like this and think they make great gifts for girls!
The GoldieBlox and the Spinning Machine features:
- Book series + construction set starring Goldie, the kid inventor.
- Builds spatial skills, basic engineering principles, confidence in problem solving.
- Created by Debbie Sterling, a female engineer from Stanford University.
- Inspiring the next generation of female engineers, to help build and design our world; from the products we use, to the way we communicate, to the cities we inhabit.
- GoldieBlox founder, Debbie Sterling, spent a year researching gender differences, talking with Harvard neuroscientists, and observing children’s play patterns.
- Includes 1 storybook, 5 character figurines, 1 pegboard, 5 wheels, 10 axles, 5 blocks, 5 washers, 1 crank, 1 ribbon, 14 design templates
Available at Toys”R”Us now for $39.99.