I want my kids to live a healthy and happy life. In our home we make an effort to reduce and recycle. We eat healthy organic foods and care about the products we use. When it comes to my baby I want her to have the very best. Their diapers and wipes don’t contain any harsh chemicals so I can feel good when using them with our baby. Non-chlorine diapers and fragrance free wipes fit into our healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Child Healthy World offers plenty of simple, affordable actions families can take daily at home to decrease chemical exposure. These small steps add up!
5 Easy Steps To Live Healthier At Home With Baby:
- Take off your shoes at the door: 85 percent of the dirt in our homes is tracked inside on the bottom of our shoes. It’s not just dirt, but toxins like lead, pesticides, gasoline residue and more. Keep your home safer by taking off your shoes. It’s the public health equivalent of washing your hands.
- Buy safer body care: Children are exposed to an average of 27 care product ingredients on a daily basis that have not been found safe for developing bodies. Protect your family’s health by avoiding products that ingredients like parabens, synthetic fragrances, triclosan and more. For a list of the most toxic offenders, download our free eBook, “Easy Steps to a Healthy & Safe Nursery” at Healthychild.org/resource-center.
- Open a window: People spend about 90 percent of their time inside, but indoor air is typically far more polluted than outside. So, open those windows! Even a few minutes a day can improve indoor air quality.
- Eat more whole foods: Processed foods may be convenient, but they’re also loaded with sweeteners, artificial flavors and colorings, and synthetic preservatives. These lack nutrients and many are also linked to health issues like ADHD and even cancer. Reduce by eating more whole foods.
- Ban the can: Bisphenol-A (BPA), a hormone disruptor that has been linked to everything from obesity to cancer, is in the plastic resin that lines most canned goods—from soups to sodas. Avoiding canned food for significantly lowers exposure. Look for foods packaged in glass or eat fresh, dried, and frozen options.
Are you a mom who also want your baby to live healthier? Do you want to supper a brand who’s committed to a healthier world? Recently I attended a healthy baby home party and I have to say I learned a lot. Not only that I received some wonderful samples from Seventh Generation for attending and hosting!
Right now you can apply to host a 2014 Healthy Baby Home Party of your own:
The goal is to Urge Senators to strengthen and pass the Chemical Safety Improvement Act (CSIA). A more chemical free world is what we should leave for all of our children, for a happier and healthier future.
Join Seventh Generation for a fun, informative Twitter party to talk about all-natural baby product options! We’ll also talk about the Healthy Baby Home Party which give moms an interesting and engaging way to educate friends and family on topics like creating a healthy environment for the next generation.
Twitter Party: November 14 at 1 p.m. ET
Prizes: Join the party to win a month’s supply of baby diapers and wipes!! We will be awarding prizes to five lucky winners, all chosen randomly from the U.S. participants who answer the Twitter party trivia questions correctly.
Hosts: @TheMotherhood, @TheMotherhood25, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann
“I participated in this program on behalf of Seventh Generation and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.”