Give The Gift Of Sleep: Dohmie by Marpac Sound Machine #SeriousSleep

mom giftsEvery mom needs sleep and there’s no better gift then giving the simple gift of better sleep. Whether you gift her with a day trip to the spa, or a lovely gift basket give her a gift that keeps on giving.

In our house we all sleep with fans for sound but during the winter it can often get cool even if a fan is on low. We use bladeless fans in our home but if you were to use a normal bladed fan for white noise it would be incredibly dangerous in a child’s room.

We recently were sent the Dohmie by Marpac Sound Machine and now I’m left feeling like I need one for every room in our house. Dohmie creates white noise which helps you obtain better sleep.

dohmie I like how lightweight and easy it is to use. I can easily see us packing our Dohmie with us when we travel this holiday season. Our family finds it really hard to sleep in a noisy hotel so the Dohmie will be a great travel companion.

We have been using the Dohmie in our bedroom and I like how simple and easy to use it is. You can easily adjust the loudness of the sound with the switch on the front or by simply rotating the base. It doesn’t take up much space either so I can easily have it on my nightstand.

marpacCheck out this video:

The Dohmie’s sound is seamless and continuous because it uses electromechanical technology to create the natural sound of rushing air, unlike other white noise machines that work on a digital loop and cut off after a set period of time.

Give mom the gift of serious sleep this holiday season with Dohmie by Marpac selling now at ToysRUs.com. Be sure to connect with Serious Sleep on Facebook, Pinterest and on @SeriousSleep on Twitter.

For more information about Dohmie and serious sleep, please visit marpac.com.

dohmie

This post was compensated by Marpac as part of my participation in a campaign with the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.

1. shelly peterson on January 9, 2014 at 1:41 am

I have would absolutely love to have one of these. They seem so easy to use and dont take up much space.

2. Joanna R. on January 8, 2014 at 8:06 am

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these! My college roommate always had a box fan going, and we liked falling asleep to the sound. Thanks for the review!

3. Lisa Brown on January 6, 2014 at 5:02 am

i want one for me so I can sleep like a baby 🙂

4. Maria Iemma on December 3, 2013 at 9:17 am

I need one of these machines…I cannot remember when I had a good sound sleep…I am a light sleeper and I hear every sound in the house, creaky floors, etc and I am up! I think I want this for my room.

5. judy gardner on December 2, 2013 at 4:18 pm

i have not tried a white noise machine, but i think i would benefit from it and this one sounds great!

6. Michelle S on November 30, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I have never used a sleep machine in my life because I always thought it would be “too much” noise to let me sleep.

7. White Noise Machine on November 28, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Thanks for your wonderful post. I really like the information which you have shared

8. michelle on November 27, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I like the idea of using this when traveling. We have a big family and often stay at our relatives’ homes. It would lovely to hook up the sound machine to block out all the noise that comes along with a packed house!

9. Jen on November 25, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I love that there is no danger to little fingers!

10. ellen beck on November 23, 2013 at 11:45 pm

This is a very clever idea and is nice because if your child is in bedd asleep and something disturbs them it is terribly difficult to get them back asleep. This machine would certainly help!

11. Betty Baez on November 22, 2013 at 10:06 am

what a neat machine! My oldest likes to sleep with sound in the background!

12. Lindsey on November 21, 2013 at 9:21 am

This is such a cool product!

13. Amy @ Oh So Savvy Mom on November 20, 2013 at 8:54 pm

We are currently using this in my baby’s bedroom and I love it. It isn’t too loud, but is loud enough to mask the noise my older boys make. Interestingly, my husband who is a psychologist says that his office has some of these to help with privacy.

14. Tammy S on November 15, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Oh I need one of these! I have major insomnia. I always have the TV on or the ceiling fan and the TV on. I just can’t fall asleep without some background noise. Maybe I will get lucky and Santa will bring me one.

15. Emily on November 14, 2013 at 10:10 pm

We just got ours and I love it SO much! What a great review!

16. Emily @ Baby Dickey on November 14, 2013 at 6:54 am

Love it! Both of our kids sleep with white noise, but in Rebecca’s room we use an iPod on a speaker with a downloaded white noise song and it only plays for 10 minutes…. so all night long it’s stopping and starting again. Oh, and I want one in our room to drown out my husband’s snoring LOL. Love the rotating base, that’s easy to do in the dark!

17. Whitney @ It's Gravy, Baby! on November 14, 2013 at 6:24 am

So neat! I’ve never thought about using a sound machine in MY room, but I do always keep the fan on low just for the noise. I like how easy this is to use and that you can adjust it by rotating the base. Great review!

18. Tiff @ Babes and Kids on November 13, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I WANT one of these! We have always run fans in all of our rooms to sleep at night. I can’t sleep without a fan and use a white noise app when I travel. I hate how gross our fans get though. I’d never heard of this brand and will definitely look into getting one.

• Kristin on November 13, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I now want one for every room so we can stop using the fans too. Not to mention when we travel. It’s impossible to sleep in a hotel without a fan and near impossible to drag one along! 🙂

19. Stacey Roberson on November 13, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I wish I had one of these when my son was born. It would have been great for both of us. I like how lightweight and compact it is. I definitely agree that this is perfect for travel.