Easy Health Testing With 23andMe DNA Testing #23andMeDNAKit

23andme dna test

Growing up I didn’t know who my parents were or where I came from. As an adult I still don’t know much about my family’s history and with all of the unknown it has left me a little fearful of my health risks. I recently had a chance to try out 23andMe, the service that actually allows you to do genetic DNA testing by sending a kit right to your home. 23andMe provides over 240 health reports and what I really like about the service is I know what inherited conditions I may have myself or pass along to my children. It’s like having all the unknown health questions I’ve cared about finally answered!

Once you sign up for the service at 23andMe.com and your kit will arrive in the mail. Once you receive the kit in the mail you register your kit and follow the simple directions. Sending it back to 23andMe is simple and easy and 4-6 weeks later your results are ready. The process was so simple because everything came right to my home. I am a busy mom of three so having a service that is convenient is very important to me.

Since 23andMe provides over 240 health reports you will find answers and even know risks for conditions. You can easily make changes in your life to obtain better health and reduce any risks or concerns you may have. I found it has given me some answers so I do know what health conditions are genetic in my family so I can work toward prevention if necessary.

Since I don’t have my family history I found the ancestry composition to be particularly interesting. From maternal line to paternal I now Know a little better where I came from. A simple DNA test can change your life forever and I feel the better prepared I am that as I get older the healthier and happier I will be, and that means more healthy happy days with my family!

Genetic testing has come such a long way in such a short time and now you can get a test sent right to your home all for only $99. Find out more by visiting 23andMe.com.

Check out this video:

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. Jessica Goodman on August 20, 2013 at 6:24 am

This is a really interesting DNA kit. I am glad that it lets people know about their health risks.

2. Jean Parks on August 17, 2013 at 2:32 am

Kristin, This really intrigues me for a lot of reasons. What is their privacy policy regarding a person’s results? Is everything kept confidential and not shared with insurance companies?

• Kristin on August 17, 2013 at 9:47 am

Their privacy policy doesn’t allow anyone to access your data. You can opt in for allowing your samples to be saved for research purposes but I opted out. Not going to get shared with insurance companies.

3. Eileen Richter on August 17, 2013 at 1:10 am

Kristin, I ordered this last week for myself. I have been plagued with SO many health issues for over a dozen years and so passed off by docs and insurance companies that run the show. I am hoping it might give me even small clues as to what is going on. a small fee really for what might help you, AND peace of mind in knowing you can do something about anything that does not come back “perfect”. I love LOVE LOVE that this company has taken the reigns away from big med business and allowing patients and the public to go over their head to just get some quiet testing done without any intervening! Bravo!!!!

thanks for reviewing as many do not yet know about this! I hope is a trend that will continue!

• Kristin on August 17, 2013 at 9:47 am

It used to cost well over $1,000 for a test like this. Only technology makes these things more affordable and I was happy to see a company like this!

4. Tammy S on August 16, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I know someone that actually just tried this and found out he was at a 30% risk of getting diabetes. He didn’t even know that it ran in his family. He didn’t have a lot of family history either. I have been thinking of trying this. thanks for the review.