Mia’s Milestones – 1st Birthday Smashcake

The day she was born I was so nervous and I remember laying on my husbands chest on the hospital with tears in my eyes. We both sat there knowing that soon our third child would be here with us, we knew how much her sisters would love her and we just couldn’t wait to be home together.

Mia turned 1 year old and of course we did the traditional smashcake. Her sisters were there by her side excitedly as she smashed into her cake. I think she actually liked the frosting best!

I found this over sized butterfly cupcake and decided it was the perfect size for her and I’m glad I did because she didn’t come close to finishing it. It was so cute to see her get so messy and enjoy her special cake!

Happy 1st Birthday Mia!!

1. Jessica Goodman on August 20, 2013 at 6:43 am

She is so cute! I am glad that she was willing to get dirty with the cake. My daughter wanted nothing to do with her slice of cake when she turned one.

2. Stephanie G on July 17, 2013 at 7:44 am

Adorable! My mom used to do blackberry pie pictures which was a lot messier, I think we’ll stick to cake with our kids.

3. jamie braun@gmail.com on July 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm

super cute! we a a mini princess Belle cake for my daughter Isabel’s smash cake

4. Eileen on June 25, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Kristin, I always enjoy your photography and the emotion and sentiment of your writing. It makes me remember the same old times with MY kids, and that is a gift to other moms out there who may have older kids. It just makes me smile:):):):)):):):):) Love the close ups of your little Mia. She is just delicious, even without frosting;)

5. Amanda A on June 21, 2013 at 1:52 pm

yum!!! She is adorable!!!

6. Cat Davis on June 20, 2013 at 4:17 pm

She has gotten so big! Love the little frosting face.

• Kristin on June 24, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I know, time flies! 🙂

7. Shelly on June 19, 2013 at 12:29 pm

She is a doll! All 3 of them are. It has been wonderful watching Mia grow up this past year. I also admire how dedicated you are to your family. God bless ♥