Making Family Road Trip Memories – Go RVing! #GoRVing

Our family really enjoys taking road trips. I have to credit my husband for not only planning some amazing trips but actually taking the time to show our family America’s history. Some of our favorite trips have been to National Parks and historical sights and we’ve taken trips that have lasted an entire month! Taking road trips during summer has been a great way for our family to really connect. We are away from all of the distractions and it’s such a great way to spend time together. I have found that in these moments we find ways to try connect and teach our children. It’s such a great way to bond as a family and I can see us taking road trips with our family as long as we can.

My favorite road trip was our last one, two weeks and we saw everything that California had to offer. Our children were so enriched with activities every day and we all made lifelong memories together. The more my children are getting older the more and more I am enjoying trips like this with them.

There are some things I’ve learned about road trips and that is that everyone needs to be comfortable. I remember driving hours into Yosemite National park and our little ones were so hungry and had to use the restroom but there was nothing in sight. I think in so many instances my husband and I have asked our selves why we have’t just rented an RV. There are so many advantages to RVing.

RVing is incredibly affordble in fact just consider how many meals and how many hotel night stays it would take a family of 5 for a two week long road trip. Those expenses add up and by taking your comforts of home with you like the kitchen and restroom you can save yourself some travel woes. Every parent knows that some those public bathrooms at rest stops sometimes aren’t the friendliest of places to visit with children but with an RV you don’t have to stop!  I really like the idea of my girls being able to take all their comforts from home without having a packed car and kiddos can be comfortable with plenty of their own things to keep them occupied. I personally love the idea of more space and not packing in and out of hotel rooms too. Having an RV on our big road trips would also make the trip easier in many ways.

Need ideas on activities to do or where to go?  I love the idea of seeing National Parks and exploring this wonderful country that is so rich in heritage and history.

Thought Starters for Inspiration on Road Trips:

• A weeklong photo challenge to document a family road trip – have the kiddos keep a travel journal too.
  • Relive an old family road trip with your family and retake the same family photos.
  • Take a movie-inspired road trip!
  • Get your family to participate in a game or activity (outdoors) that brings back fond memories of your childhood.
  • Visit the National Parks – explore some history!

Check out Go RVing.com where you will be able to find some wonderful resources of RVs and even some tips and tricks for travel.

What are some ways you’ve made memories road tripping with your family?

This is a partnered post with Go RVing.

1. Yosemite travel on July 12, 2013 at 3:55 am

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post.
    Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

2. Janet W. on June 29, 2013 at 2:25 am

I love family road trips, but have never been in an RV before! Would be a much more comfortable ride!

3. Amy Orvin on June 22, 2013 at 8:50 am

I love all the pictures here. What a great and fun idea. I’d love to take a RV to a national park.

4. courtney b on June 15, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I like to visit national parks too !:0 great and affordable for the family…

5. jamie braun@gmail.com on June 15, 2013 at 10:16 pm

lovin the pis with the Simpsons! I with we could afford an rv! id love to travel

6. April C. on June 15, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I grew up doing this and it is the best way for kids to learn about this great country!

7. Tammy S on June 14, 2013 at 4:37 pm

My husband and I have talked about renting a RV and taking the kids to Yellowstone National Park. I just can’t imagine being stuck in the car with our kids for that long of a trip. Plus the whole point of going it to see everything. Which i don’t think would be great in our car.

8. Chris Manzullo on June 13, 2013 at 8:07 am

As kids growing up in Missouri we used to go on vacations with our grandparents in thier RV and LOVED it! It was so much fun to go to different places, do different things, and always have our own space and things to come back to in their RV. I have such fun memories of the different RV Parks we’d stay at, making friends with the families at the sites next to ours, sitting outside in the evenings with a camp fire (although we did a lot of cooking inside the RV), and neat feeling of being away from home and outside a lot but with my own pillow, bed, and space. Memories of time with my grandparents that I’ll always treasure!

9. Sandy VanHoey on June 13, 2013 at 3:11 am

I remember when our kids were young, we wanted to buy one just for vacationing. never happened but renting one is the way to go, especially with kids. You had some great tips to share and more of us will consider this because it makes so much sense to rent one.

10. Lisa Davis on June 13, 2013 at 1:57 am

Great tips! We’re taking a trip from Central California to the north tip of Washington this summer and we’ve been debating on whether we should drive or fly, renting an RV didn’t even cross my mind. More to think about!