Soon the school bell will stop ringing and that means I’ll be trying to find plenty of activities around our house to keep us busy. Summertime provides so many opportunities to watch my children grow. I know that this summer my girls will both be swimming and my baby will be walking!! Summertime provides us with so many opportunities to make lasting memories but with all the time to explore we have to make sure we start the day right.
Start off your day with a balanced breakfast the whole family will love. Each Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats Big Bite biscuit contains eight satisfying layers of whole grain wheat to keep your energy stoked. Top it off with a sweet frosting and no one will think twice about the excellent source of fiber they get in each serving.
Serve it up with a bowl full of milk, add it to a snack mix, or incorporate it into one of over 20 healthy and delicious original recipes. No matter what way you crunch it, Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats Big Bite Cereal delivers a meal that satisfies.
The transition from school to summer will be the hardest on my 4 year old. She loves school, so I know I’ll be planning big days to not only keep us busy but to make memories all summer long.
Here are some other tips from Mini Wheats to help Transitioning from School to Summer:
- Take a break from a schedule. Allow your children to spend a few days or a week sleeping late and doing a lot of nothing. Give them time to unwind without having to follow a schedule.
- Evaluate what’s on your bookshelves. The end of the school year is a great time to pare down and organize. Donate textbooks and books your child has outgrown. Discard old schoolwork. Keep only creative writing or truly special assignments.
- Sign up early. Register early for camp or other activities your child wants to do over the summer. Make sure transportation and carpools are arranged, so everyone is ready to go when the activities begin.
- Schedule appointments before camp starts. Plan ahead for orthodontist, dentist, and any other doctor appointments your child needs. The perfect time to fit these in is between the end of school and the beginning of camp.
- Stock up on summer essentials. From swimsuits and shorts, to sunblock, to stocking your kitchen with nutritious foods (including cereal for breakfast!), plan accordingly to make shopping for your summer needs a breeze.
- Wake up to a world of possibilities. One bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats® cereal is packed with fiber and nearly a day’s worth of whole grains* to help keep your kids full and focused for the Big Day ahead.
My best memories from childhood were during those big summer days so I want my children to be prepared for the day! Scholastic and Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats have teamed up for the “Big Day Campaign”. Share photos of your children’s BIG DAYS, find tips and helpful books to keep them learning all summer long.
This is a partnered post with our friends at Frosted Mini Wheats.