Zesting Up My Kitchen – Before #GetZesty

I love cooking but lately I’m not feeling very inspired to be in my kitchen. Really I’ve been feeling like some areas of my life need zesting up. I decided since I was already working on my goals that it really was time to do something about my kitchen. I have begun to feel uninspired as I look around at the blank canvas that is our kitchen. It really needs some help and I really want to feel good in it again. I love creating things and taking photos but I’m tired of hiding how bland my kitchen is. It really does need some zesting up so I am excited to make that happen finally.

What I don’t like about my kitchen is that there is no window. There’s a window in the dining room but there’s not a lot of light which leaves the kitchen dark on gloomy days, and if you live in Oregon there are a lot of gloomy days.  I’m really excited to be partnering with Kraft here – I’ve got my creative juices flowing and I’m ready to zest up my kitchen.

As you can see I don’t have a microwave. I don’t mind not having one either. I keep a lot of the things we use all the time out. Peanut butter, stuff for toast, and my husbands coffee area. I keep my big container of olive oil and my flour right on the counter. My husband likes to hoard the fridge and tack it with as many papers as he can. Remind me to scan the kids artwork..

I want to feel good in my kitchen again and enjoy doing what I really like to do. I just need a little inspiration and you never know what I may create!

Kraft Italian Dressing only has one goal in mind… tantalizing your tastebuds. And we’re always looking for new ways to help you amp up your zest appeal. Like what you see? Let our Zesty Guy show you even more ways to spread a little zest at getmezesty.com.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kraft via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft

1. My Zesty New Kitchen Reveal #GetZesty on April 22, 2013 at 5:44 pm

[…] of zest. I was determined to create a new space with some fun colors and an actual design. You can check out my kitchen before and see how  bland and boring my kitchen was. It lacked proper organization and flow so I also decided […]

2. Betsy Barnes on April 21, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I have been feeling the same way lately and just began organizing my counters. It really helps my “cooking mood” when I’m organized 🙂

3. Tamara on April 20, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I can totally relate. My kitchen is so boring. I can’t wait to see what you do with yours to zest it up!

4. Danielle @ We Have It All on April 20, 2013 at 4:22 pm

My kitchen is boring too, don’t feel bad. ONE DAY I will have a beautiful kitchen… as soon as I figure out how to make one haha. On another topic, have you seen that Zesty Guy? Pretty Zesty, don’tcha think?!?

5. Lolita on April 19, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Love this!

6. Melissa on April 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm

My kitchen is boring too and I need some color and some ZEST! I can’t wait to see what you do!

7. Laura on April 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Oh my goodness the Zesty guy is hilarious! I am always looking for ways to better my meals and my home…. Your kitchen does not look bad, but I cannot wait to see what you do.

8. Christa on April 19, 2013 at 11:09 am

I know how you feel, my kitchen really needs a make over. We just got new appliances which has helped but now I feel like I need a larger window for more natural light and a backsplash would also be nice.

9. Sandy VanHoey on April 18, 2013 at 7:46 am

Just that blender/mixer makes it not look too boring to me. Love all your recipes so if a kitchen makeover will keep you going and giving us terrific recipes…it’s awesome. Your kitchen looks great!

10. Janet W. on April 18, 2013 at 3:14 am

Your kitchen looks very similar to my kitchen! I leave things out too that we use all the time.

11. Tammy S on April 17, 2013 at 7:35 am

I don’t think your kitchen looks boring. I live in Oregon also, so I totally know what you mean about gloomy days. You should think about adding under the cabinet lighting. I had my husband install it and I love it. You can’t see it but it really helps to brighten up your kitchen. Good luck!

12. Amanda on April 16, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I’ve seen some progress pics and your kitchen is looking great! And you don’t need a microwave. It’s just for processed foods anyways.