Why I Won’t Be Tweeting & Facebooking During My Birth

Tomorrow is the big day, because of medical reasons I will be induced a few days before my due date. I was two weeks late during my last pregnancy and went into labor on my own the morning of my induction. Everyone was so excited and happy for me. I happily stayed on Twitter and Facebook until it was time to push. Looking back, I don’t remember much of the birth or of my labor. I was sucked in to what everyone was saying and feeling with me that I forgot all about my husband and the moment we were in.I left him out of the process so I could share with the world what I was doing. Come to think of it, in the past I’ve done that to him a lot.

Tomorrow I will have a baby. I will not be checking and tweeting and Facebooking during the process. This year I’ve learned many lessons the biggest being taking a step back from the online world and living fuller in my world. The world my children are in, the world that loves me and supports me unconditionally.I will be there with my husband with a full heart and it will be just us as we welcome our new daughter into the world.

Being online is a funny thing, you can easily lose yourself, your time. It’s hard to manage it all and keep it separate. I just wanted to tell the world that this is a special moment for my family. A very intimate time for my husband and I. I want to live in this moment with him, with my children. I want to soak in this time with our extended family.

I promise you will all know when she is born, and I will post a picture. I ask that you think good thoughts for us since this will be my very first induction and I’m pretty scared. I ask that you also look at how much you share, the precious intimate moments aren’t always meant for the world even if the rest of the world is happy to be in them. I ask that you be understanding of your moments with the ones who love you the most since it’s so easily forgotten.

I can honestly say I can not wait to meet my daughter and finally see her face for the first time. I can’t wait for my two daughters now to welcome her, and for our family to be there with us.

Wish us luck!

And send cake!

1. Cassie on June 10, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Sounds like it was a wise decision! And I agree that all too often we get sucked into recording the moment rather than living in it!

2. Betty Baez on June 10, 2012 at 8:27 am

great choice! i disconnected myself the last two times and it was the best choice. I hope everything is going well and hope to see baby pics soon 🙂

3. christine jessamine on June 9, 2012 at 9:02 am

you are doing the right thing, enjoy your new family moments!

4. Hillary on June 6, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Sending easy labor vibes! Hope all goes well for you 🙂

5. Robyn E on June 6, 2012 at 10:31 am

Prayers are with you ! Enjoy the process of bringing the princess into the world !

6. Naomi on June 6, 2012 at 9:45 am

Can’t wait to meet her! Good call on keeping some family time for yourself, too, though.

7. Denise L on June 6, 2012 at 7:09 am

Smart decision! Good luck, can’t wait to see your new little lady 🙂

8. shelly peterson on June 6, 2012 at 5:41 am

Good Luck Kristin, sending you nothing but warm wishes and happy thoughts. Enjoy this special time with your family! Praying everything goes well for you and baby!

9. Amber Rist on June 6, 2012 at 1:26 am

I was induced with my second daughter and it was nice to know when delivery was going to happen as opposed to waiting for nature. my first labor I went in naturally and it was 0-10 cm in 8 hours and when I was induced it was only 3 hours. so it might be quick. A lot of pain all at once as opposed to spreading it out. prayers to you and I’m sure she’ll be just as lovely as your other 2 daughters.

10. Tasha W on June 6, 2012 at 1:10 am

Awee best of luck girl! Praying for you and your family! Can’t wait to see the little one:) x

11. Eileen on June 6, 2012 at 12:29 am

Good luck to you and your family, Kristin! What you said is so true…there are so few moments as BIG as this, and they can swallow you up and want to share with all. But they are SO tender and intimate, that often by sharing you remove that quality of that moment. Good for you for stepping back and making such a decision that is right for you. We are all different and know what’s best for us, individually. For you, the online world is your business, and we all need time away from WORK…that is why people take time off and vacations. Enjoy your new family moment!

12. Sandy VanHoey on June 5, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Best of luck Kristin and I think we all can understand what you are saying. Treasure each and every moment and I cannot wait to see pictures of your precious baby girl on her birthday! I just said a prayer for you and I know God will be with you and ease your fears and nerves about the induction. Good luck!

13. Kate @ The Shopping Mama on June 5, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Good luck, Kristin! Sending lots of good healthy labor vibes your way. Can’t wait to see Mia.

14. Mrs. Cox on June 5, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Sending you good labor thoughts and pushing prayers!!

15. Sandie workman on June 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Don’t stress over being induced. I found it to be pretty easy (if you can ever call labor easy). Congratulations on your newest family member and we will still be here when you get back.

16. Courtney on June 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm

You’ve got this girl! Praying for a quick and joyful delivery!

17. courtney b on June 5, 2012 at 4:17 pm

lol good luck! it will be hard, I know i was entering giveaways while in the hospital. I was blogging too! Good luck tomorrow!

18. Ty on June 5, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Good luck. Sending you prayers and blessings!

19. Kali on June 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Wishing you and your family all the best! Congrats!

20. CrAzY Working Mom on June 5, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Praying for a smooth birth and that your family as a whole is able to enjoy this memorable moment in time. Can’t wait to see pics of the new little bundle of joy!