Summer is fast approaching and it’s time to make a statement with a new look! To achieve your best look, check out these simple tips from Pam Kelly, Senior Director of National Technical Education for Fantastic Sams® Hair Salons:
1. A picture is worth a thousand words Always bring a photo of the haircut and style you’re trying to achieve. The hairstyle may look fabulous in the picture, but ask yourself if you have the right texture, color and hair type to support the cut. Consult with your stylist to decide if the look works with your hair type.
2. For an oval shape face If you have an oval-shaped face, consider yourself lucky! This face shape is versatile and can wear any length and design! Decide what facial features you want to play up and have fun with any cut you desire!
3. For a round shape face If you have a round-shaped face, the goal of the haircut should be to elongate the face and to create angles within the shape. Diagonal forward swing bobs that fall below the chin or jawline are perfect as this cut will create an angle where needed and place movement below the roundest part of the face. A deep sideswept part works best as it lengthens the face shape. Avoid center parts as this will widen the face.
4. For a square shape face If your face is square, the goal is to elongate the face and to soften the face with curved lines. Choose a haircut that has wispy fringe or an off-center part that provides a little height. A layered cut works wonders to soften and frame the face. Add a few face-framing highlights to help soften the look.
5. For a rectangle shape face With a rectangle-shaped face, the goal is to balance and shorten the length of your face and to soften angular lines. Usually, rectangle-shaped faces have a high forehead so the best cut is one with a full fringe or deep side part that sweeps over the forehead. We recommend a medium length cut the same length of the face with fullness over the ears and neck works best.
6. For a diamond shape face If you have a diamond-shaped face, the width of the face is widest at the cheekbone area. The goal is to balance out that area of the face. We recommend haircuts that add fullness at the forehead, jaw line and neck for your face shape. Fringes work well, but avoid center or high side parts.
Fantastic Sams is one of the worlds largest full-service hair care franchises providing the same quality services as independent salons, and right now, our Haircut Sale is in full swing! With special promotions on products and special treatments be sure to head in to your nearest participating salon to take advantage of these deals before theyre gone.
I plan on taking full advantage of my local salon with the wonderful gift card that Fantastic Sams sent me, I also received some great hair care products to keep up my new style.
We also have a $25 gift certificate plus two products (fantasticstyle® Pomade Shaping Wax and fantasticfinish® Spray Shine) to give away!
Main Entry: To enter, please tell me about your ideal hairstyle.
Giveaway ends 7-1-2012