Strawberry Mascarpone Crepes Recipe

Lately I have been buying the largest packages of strawberries that you can buy. These organic fresh berries are now in season and I can’t quite get enough so I’ve been looking for ways to use these strawberries in unique ways. I’ve seen mascarpone used many times on my favorite Food Network shows but have never attempted to use it myself. After hearing it’s a slightly sweeter cheese I thought what better way than to create something with with fresh berries.

Strawberry Mascarpone  Filling Recipe

• 8 ozs Mascarpone Cheese
  • 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh diced strawberries
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  • Crepes

Strawberry Mascarpone Filling Recipe

I have made my own crepes in the past and they didn’t quite turn out. I think my pan was too small and I had to high of heat, either way I’m not the best french crepe maker or pancakes for that matter. I decided to use the crepes that I found near the berries at my local grocery store. They’re premade so all I did was warm them up in a pan over my stove.

This is a fresh summer desert and you could easily top with homemade whipping cream, or additional fresh berries. Super simple and yet so sweet and tasty!

1. christine jessamine on May 24, 2012 at 7:59 am

i need to get a crepe maker, these look so good, my family would love them

2. www.crepe.co.uk on May 24, 2012 at 7:13 am

Hello, great read on that one about Crepe recipe. Nice blog. Keep up posting! Cheers, Sebastien.

3. Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Blog on May 22, 2012 at 5:27 am

Recipe For Strawberry Cream Crepes…

[…] u could easily top with homemade whipping cream, or additional fresh berries. Su […]…

4. Krissy on May 17, 2012 at 10:14 pm

These sound and look heavenly! Marscapone is great in just about anything and its even more fun to say.

5. shelly peterson on May 11, 2012 at 4:27 am

These look really good. I didn’t know you could buy crepes already made.
    I buy a lot of strawberries this time of year. My kids like them with a fruit dip i make, which is so easy to make, not the healthiest but its good with any fruit. You just take a thing of cream cheese and a small jar of the marshmellow cream and mix it up with a hand mixer with a small amount of milk so it’s not so thick

6. Rosey on May 10, 2012 at 7:20 am

They do look delicious…

7. amy v on May 10, 2012 at 5:13 am

my family loves strawberries so i think this would be a hit! i’ve never had marscapone cheese but have always wanted to try it so this would be a great recipe to use it!

8. Mrs. Cox on May 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Sounds so good! Where’d you find organic Mascarpone? Or did you make it yourself?