SEVEN – Happy 7th Birthday Kaila

Seven years ago Kaila joined us at 9:39 PM weighting 6 pounds 2.5 ounces, she was 20 inches long. The moment the doctors placed her on my bare skin I knew I was a changed person. The moment I laid eyes on her I was in love, she is the most amazing thing I have done. I look at her now 7 years later and am so proud of the girl she has become.

She loves:

• her friends and family
  • reading
  • math
  • animals
  • dinosaurs
  • Lego’s

She’s good at anything she does. When she puts her all into something she succeeds far beyond her capabilities. She’s really smart, and even more so caring. She likes clothes and doesn’t mind rolling in the dirt. She wants to be a paleontologist when she grows up and can almost spell it on her own. She reads at the level of an almost 3rd grader and is advanced in all areas in school. She’s my polar opposite yet she has a heart just like mine.

Kaila,

I love you with all of my heart my sweet child. You’re the best big sister anyone can ask for. You’re kind and patient, you always go out of your way to help your sister and your friends. You’re the best 7 year old any mom could ask for. I am so proud of you on this day and every other day. I promise this year to let you be you more. I promise to guide you and be more understanding. I promise to give you the special time that you deserve.

I love you babe.

Pictures From The Past:

1. Amanda on May 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Happy Birthday my sweet and very first niece! I still remember you calling me after Kaila was born. I believe I was in the bathroom puking because I was pregnant with Sarah.

• Kristin on May 27, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I remember that. I was laying on my side talking to you. I’ll never forget it.

2. Ashley Lynn on May 27, 2012 at 8:21 am

AWWWW! how precious!!! happy birthday!!!

3. Eileen on May 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Kaila! I just love that picture of the black dress in mommy’s heels! Classic and cute! What a special little lady and how loved she is by her mommy and daddy! That is the biggest present parents can give their kids!

4. shelly peterson on May 26, 2012 at 4:20 am

What sweet pictures, thanks for sharing them. It’s so crazy how fast the lil ones grow. I hope she had a wonderful Birthday!

5. Christy Ann on May 25, 2012 at 4:53 pm

She’s beautiful! Happy Birthday!

6. Naomi on May 25, 2012 at 11:55 am

It’s so hard to believe she’s seven but I guess it makes sense since Roo just turned eight… time does go by so fast once you start having kids! I love seeing her grow up all in one post. What a sweet girl she is.

7. Amanda on May 25, 2012 at 9:01 am

Happy birthday Kaila!!!! We love you and hope the day is perfect!

8. Auntie Mea on May 25, 2012 at 8:03 am

Happy Birthday to my favorite 7 year old! You know you’re my special girl! I LOVE TOU!

9. Terri S. on May 25, 2012 at 7:33 am

Happy 7th Birthday Kaila! This is such a terrific age and you will be having so many wonderful experiences. I love these pictures showing how fast you have grown and reading about your beautiful personality. Always stay as sweet as you are. 🙂

10. Sandy VanHoey on May 25, 2012 at 1:06 am

Awww, Happy Birthday! She is so pretty and in most of those pics, she looks just like her mommy. The last one however, looks a whole lot like her daddy. Beautiful little girl!