Portland Family Fun – The Oregon Zoo

As members of The Oregon Zoo we often visit the zoo but I don’t often bring my good camera with us. May is such a great month to visit the zoo, the weather is often warm yet cool enough to still want to be outside. It’s not too busy as soon the zoo will be bustling with summer activities. Today we made it a zoo day and visited our favorite zoo animals.

It seems like even the animals were enjoying the weather today. Everyone was either out and about or napping right in the sunshine.

The girls had such a great time playing around the zoo too.

The zoo is literally one of the places we spend a lot off time. Mostly because there is always something going on. We like to pack a lunch and enjoy exploring the animals. My kids have decided on their favorites and we enjoy reading about them and exploring the little things around the zoo.

The giraffes are Brooklin’s favorite!! We also love the tigers, they’re such special animals.

All in all any day you spend at The Oregon Zoo you’re sure to have a great time. My oldest kiddo is anxiously waiting for the penguins to go back home and we hear it will happen this summer!

1. Sandy VanHoey on May 28, 2012 at 1:00 am

Some great pictures! You have such a beautiful family. Can’t wait to you add the new addition to it so we can see another beautiful little one here. I’ll bet you can’t wait either!

2. Eileen on May 26, 2012 at 11:20 pm

WOW, I just love that indoor underwater picture! Your pictures are amazing…it’s like being there too:) I’m with Brooklin, giraffes are my favorite too! We have a great non profit zoo in Madison, WI too and is fun to visit a couple times a year.
    We would love to visit Oregon someday…our friends said the coastline there is the best in the US. Looks like the zoo would be a good stop while there too!

3. Oregon Zoo on May 24, 2012 at 11:40 am

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos, Kristin! So glad you had a nice zoo visit. Hope you can return soon!

4. christine jessamine on May 24, 2012 at 8:03 am

this zoo is beautiful, ours in utah is under construction so we had missed alot of the enclosures and animals when we last went. i love how green oregon is.

5. Amanda on May 21, 2012 at 11:41 pm

love the photos!!!!!

6. shelly peterson on May 21, 2012 at 3:17 pm

How fun! and what great pics! Wish we had a zoo here 🙁 I would love to go and take my son. Hey Kristen what kind of camera do you have? It takes such beautiful pictures.