Locked & Loaded

I’ve been having these horrible nightmares about Mia being breech and was so happy to find that she’s locked and loaded into position. I’m so happy to finally see May on my calendar as I know this means we will soon meet her. Just weeks away from finally meeting our little girl and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I’ve enjoyed being pregnant and will enjoy these last few weeks but as we both get bigger it’s getting harder on my body.

Mia is measuring right on target a perfect little 5-51/2 pounds. I sure hope she still has that full head of hair that we got a peak at in the last ultrasound. I gained a half a pound this week probably due to her also gaining weight. The doctor thinks she may decide to come a little early and since she’s my third baby my labor will probably be rather easy. I know, easy for him to say huh?

I’m hoping we’re just a few more weeks away from meeting her. I’d love for her to come June 1st although we know with Brooklin she had other plans. Mia is quite the mover like Kaila was in utero. I hope for our sake her personality is more clam like her big sisters too. She quite punctual from what I can tell, already in position right on time. I know she likes her toes from what I’ve seen in the ultrasounds.  I’m just anxiously waiting to see who she is!

It seems like the past four weeks have gone by so fast and I can only hope the next 5 go just as fast!

I’ve also been considering trying to go without pain medications for this birth. Do you have any advice for me? I’m almost afraid that I can’t do it on my own….

1. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on May 5, 2012 at 5:10 am

So happy for you, can’t wait to see the little angel!
    😉

2. Shannon R on May 1, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I wish I could tell you my experience with this, but alas I’m not able to. You will decide the birth that’s works the best for you Mia, so that you and her are safe and healthy. The time has flown by and soon she’ll in your arms!

3. shelly peterson on May 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Kristin it can’t hurt to give it a try w/o pain meds and if you feel it’s too much then go for them. I have 4 kids and my first 3 were w/o pain meds but with the fourth one I was asking for them which was a good thing cuz I had to have a c-section anyway. Every birth is different so you never know how things are going to go! 🙂

4. Mommy Katie on May 1, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I had the Epidural with my daughter, I had wanted one with my son but the labor went so quick that I did not have time to get one. I sat up to get ready for the Epi when I felt him crowning, so I ended up going natural and it really was not that bad 🙂 Thinking about going with out this time around as well….

5. Jill on May 1, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Labor drugs = good. More power to you if you can do it without!

6. Jen on May 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I had the epi with my oldest, and went natural with my second. I was also induced with my second. I actually preferred the drugless labour over the epidural. The pain sucked, but the recovery was so much better. As soon as the doctors were done stitching me up, I was up an around. I only swore once (according to my MIL) and I only asked for a C-Section once…out of desperation.

You can do it without the meds, but don’t feel bad if you go for them. You and I both know, things and ideas all change once labour sets in.