Getting Ready For Baby – Packing Our Hospital Bag

We finally got around to decided what we would pack in our hospital bag for the baby. I’m still unsure of what exactly I should put in her bag but I figure most likely she won’t need much. Right? When Kai was born I was deep into labor and didn’t have a bag pre-packed so I threw in some clothes and didn’t put much thought into it. With Brooklin I overpacked tons of cute newborn outfits and she was born a size 3 months so nothing fit.

I’m not sure what size Mia will be when it comes time but my doctor promises she will not be two weeks late this time around.So I packed only a few items, some things mainly for me.

So what else do I need that I am missing?

1. christine jessamine on May 24, 2012 at 7:57 am

how exciting! the outfits you chose look so cute. makes me want to go through my newborn cloths i put away! fun

2. Jenn Hannifan on May 21, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I would pack comfy pajamas (the gowns get old) and plenty of clean underwear! I love the bag you are bringing, btw. Very cute.

3. shelly peterson on May 21, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I agree with the wipes. Maybe robe,socks,slippers if you want to walk the halls. You will probably be busy with baby or sleeping but you never know you may have trouble sleeping or time where there is nothing to do. Maybe take a book or word search or dvd’s to watch. By the way, love the bag you’re using!

4. Robyn E on May 21, 2012 at 1:37 am

Just don’t forget about yourself ! I did, I was in deep labor also and grabbed my daughter’s and
    forgot about myself ! Unbelievable to this day !

5. Eileen on May 21, 2012 at 12:25 am

I just got to be with my daughter when my granddaughter was born last fall, and I’d say to bring your own water bottle with a “stream” feature (like a sports bottle) . Being at different weird angles or lying down sometimes, it was hard to get a drink out of a cup and straw and worry about tipping it. Plus, even though hospitals have filtered water mostly, we took our own bottled water.
    Take money for vending machines or pack your own snacks for you and hubby and of course this and little gifts for the other kids.

About the wipes, yeah… the ones they had gave baby a rash. We needed hypoallergenic ones.
    Non slip slippers to walk the halls, the usual hospital birth stuff like suckers for labor, lotions, non corded massager, phone charger. Our hospital had a nice meal for mommy and hubby/guest the last night. But if not, I’d find a good take out place for hubby to bring in a nice meal to celebrate the last night. It’s such a special time for your whole family but really amazing to share as a couple…no matter if is your first or 3rd!

6. Amanda on May 20, 2012 at 5:29 pm

awww… will you do me a favor and save that onesie? It’s same one Shelby wore home.

• Kristin on May 20, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Of course I will! 🙂

• Kristin on May 20, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Also Kaila picked that one out of the bunch. 😉

7. Lieya on May 20, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Milk bottle perhaps…I’m still single and wanna sharing with u..

8. Kristin on May 20, 2012 at 4:11 pm

What a great idea!! I’ll throw in some wipes and get some chocolates.

Thanks 🙂