Does Slushy Magic Actually Work?

Kaila has been asking for a slushie magic for weeks now. You know that ice cube As Seen On TV thing that turns all liquids into slush. So I thought we’d really test it to see if it really does work!

1. Naomi on April 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm

My mom got them for the kids and they want to slushify everything but I’m not a big fan. Yes it works. I think the design could be a bit more kid-friendly, though. The cubes are squishy and I have no idea what ingenious chemical makes them so freezy but I live in fear of my kids puncturing them with a straw. The solution to that, of course, is for me to remove them before giving them the slushy drink, but that is kind of messy and also only leaves about a half-full cup. Ideally, I’d like for them to figure out a way to make a strainer cap or something that would keep the cubes safely in the cup so kids won’t be compelled to play with them, getting slush EVERYWHERE.

2. Heather Augenstein on April 21, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I was the same way! I didn’t want to spend the $ on it if it didn’t work! Thanks for the test and for sharing!

3. Jennifer Marie on April 21, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Yum, that looks good and like something my kids would like too!

4. Mommy Katie on April 21, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Every time we go to Toys R Us my kids ask for one since they are right by the check out, I have hesitated to get one because I was not wanting to waste my money, but after seeing how easy it is to use and the fact that it works, I will have to give in next time we go!!

5. Eileen on April 20, 2012 at 2:46 am

My kids were always on me also about all those tv adds for cotton candy machines, icee makers, etc. We did try a couple different items and not the best luck. But this looks like a winner! PLUS, looks like a great arm workout shaking the thing. LOL! Enjoy such a cool treat!

6. shelly peterson on April 19, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us. My kids have bugged me for one of these for so long. I would never cave in because I didn’t want money to go to waste on something that didn’t work. I’m going to have to surprise them with one of these! they will be so happy! 🙂