I love beans, in fact they’re not only packed full of great nutrition but they are super economical. I have always wanted to try and make my own baked beans so I thought I’d perfect a recipe before summer rolls around. After looking at a number of recipes online I found that I couldn’t follow one to be exact so I just ran with it and added in what I thought should be there.
|Crockpot Baked Beans Recipe|| |
- 1 2lb bag of uncooked White northwestern beans or navy beans
- 1 whole jar of Chili sauce
- 1 cup of your favorite barbeque sauce
- 2 tsp black organic pepper
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 pound organic bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Add beans and all ingredients to the Crockpot and fill until water almost reaches the top.
- Cook on low for 18 hours, and check in to stir it every few hours.
I was so surprised that by throwing together ingredients I actually came up with a recipe that was super tasty. You can always add in more or less of anything you want but I think the molasses is key so don’t leave that out.