Paula Deen LIED To You All!

I have plenty of opinions and this only hits home because I’m sick of everyone talking about it. I care about living a healthy lifestyle and advocate to moms about food. I care about food, it’s not what tastes good it’s also about what nourishes our body.

That said, here’s my opinion about Paula Deen.

To quote as to why she never came out she said “Had nothing to give to my fellow friends out there.” What do you mean you had nothing to give? You gave an extra 3 years worth of horrible recipes and ADVOCATED FOR UNHEALTHY FOODS. She has had 3 years to process her bad decisions and to change but she didn’t. In fact, knowing she had diabetes continued on with her unhealthy recipes.Was it good for her pocket book? It sure was, she went on to release another TV show, and a whole line of kitchenware, and two more cookbooks.

Now she announces her Type 2 diabetes at the same time she releases that she is working as a paid spokesperson for the drug company Novo Nordisk, which manufactures Victoza – an injectable, non-insulin drug used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Wow again is it good for her pocket book?

I wouldn’t be so offended if it wasn’t all about money and really about trying to get healthy. It’s just another way for her to make cash. I see people saying “we should uplift her” What do you mean? Had she had not LIED to everyone for 3 years I could see the whole “lets help her be healthy” argument actually work but lets see it for what this is. She only comes clean after being paid millions by a drug company. Come on now…..

I can’t believe people are stupid enough to fall for this.

Oh wait, yes I can.

1. Allison Downes on January 19, 2012 at 10:11 am

I have never liked her. Her voice is really annoying and her smile is creepy, plus her food will kill!

2. ash on January 19, 2012 at 6:08 am

I have to agree with the 1st poster. If that’s how she makes money, so be it. We need to each be responsible for our own health.

3. amy v on January 18, 2012 at 3:35 pm

wow- people are all over the board on their views on this one! i’m not a fan but i do think that as a celebrity COOK she does hold a certain responsibility….not that she’s shoving her unhealthy recipes/foods down peoples’ throats but we all know there are people out there who do what celebrities do…whether it’s fashion, diets, foods, etc-regardless of the risks. I think she should’ve come out earlier…WAY earlier but we can’t change the fact she didn’t so maybe she could make a commitment to healthy eating and make a new cookbook w/ healthier versions of her foods.

annae07 at aol dot com

4. Bev on January 18, 2012 at 11:48 am

I guess it was hard for her to change… still trying to get my mother to start out w/ changing the way that she eats and to start some exercises. Let’s not blame Paula, we are all responsible for ourselves and she had to know deep down that all of that butter and fried food was going to catch up w/ her.

5. Mike on January 18, 2012 at 9:47 am

Smile’s kind of freaky…

If I had to stand next to that much butter, I’d gain five pounds just looking at it…

My Mom had Type II NIDDM diabetes for the last ten years of her life. She lost weight. She ran. Mountain Biked. Hiked. Did dog agility with her Australian Shepard (You have to run after your dog, which is saying something when you’re chasing a young Aussie)

She just managed her intake of food, kept her weight down and enjoyed life.

I think that would be a message I would like to see from a TV cook.

6. Denise B. on January 18, 2012 at 9:43 am

…and people need to stop blaming other people or things for their obesity or health problems. Paula Deen is simply advocating delicious food. She’s not force feeding it to people. Everyone has free will, and Paula Deen is not hypnotizing or forcing anyone into eating her foods nor should she be held liable for promoting same.

7. Denise B. on January 18, 2012 at 9:32 am

Even if she has diabetes and may have to eat differently doesn’t mean she can’t present recipes that the rest of us out there that love butter, comfort foods, etc., love. I’m 49 years old and have been eating this type of food all of my life. I don’t have high cholesterol, diabetes, and my heart has been given a clean bill of health. That being said, what a lot of people fail to realize that it’s not so much what we eat that effects our health but how active we are and burning off what we eat. 30+ years ago children were all outside running around. Even adults were far more active. We ate this kind of food all of the time. As children, we shoved a lot of other junk food into our mouths that our mothers didn’t know about between meals. Yet, back then we didn’t have the obesity or health issues that there are now especially in children. We simply burned off everything we ate. Nowadays, advocates are pushing this whole healthy way of eating agenda. Yet, there is far more issues of obesity and health these days. Simply put, the problem is not the food, it’s people sitting on their lazy butts all day–video games and other electronic devices being the main downfall of children. I for one do not buy into this whole health food agenda hype–eat what you want as long as you burn it off. If you burn it off, there’s nothing left to have any negative effects on your health.

8. Naomi on January 17, 2012 at 1:30 pm

It was shady of her to wait for YEARS before coming out with her condition, given that many people who suffer from diabetes have aggravated the disease with poor food choices. Still, it’s hard for me to believe that anyone would be surprised. I mean, donuts in lieu of hamburger buns, y’all. No one thought that was doing anything but clogging your arteries… yikes.

9. Mine on January 17, 2012 at 11:59 am

Paula came from extreme poverty. Good for her that she makes money. I perfer that over her on welfare so “I ” have to pay her bills. People need to take care of their own health and not put blame onto a TV show host. Never been a fan of hers but I certainly do not think she has done anything wrong.