Pregnant – It’s Official

Had my very first appointment today and the estimate is that I am 13 weeks pregnant. My due date is May 14th which is right before my oldest daughters birthday. I had a friend ask me how I kept my pregnancy a secret for so long. I knew as soon as I told the world that it would be real, it’s not that we don’t welcome another baby it’s just that we thought we would have more time.

More time between children like we wanted but life doesn’t always go as planned. We are so very happy to extend our family, it’s been a rough year. They say where there is death there is life and this year our family experienced a lot of death. As family leaves us new family is born and we will all meet again in heaven.

I know my mother in law is looking out over us and is happy. I know she’s wishing for a Grandson. This pregnancy is bittersweet because she won’t be here. She was my solid rock during every one of my pregnancies. She loved being a Grandmother. She was there when Brooklin was born, and as a scared young girl helped guide me to be the mother I am to Kaila. This pregnancy feels bittersweet because she’s not here to do this with me.

So I’m pregnant. Maybe I’ll have a picture to share soon.

1. Anna Pry on November 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm

i wish my kids were closer together (8 years! apart) but they still love each other either way

2. Storm, the Psychotic Housewife on November 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Congratulations! I hope it’s a boy for you, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Pond Fountains on November 7, 2011 at 9:11 am

Congratulations how exciting. Best wishes for a smooth, healthy pregnancy.

4. Some Lucky Dog on November 6, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Ciongratulations, what a seet and happy surprise! I love being a grandma and I’m sorry you’re mil isn’t here for this one, but I’m sure she is smiling in heaven ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Janet W. on November 6, 2011 at 4:05 am

Congrats!! There’s nothing like adding another sweet child to a family!

6. kristin on November 5, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Steph, I think you’re right. ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. Pregnant รขโ‚ฌโ€œ It's Official รขโ‚ฌโ€ Our Ordinary Life | ChildBirth 101 on November 5, 2011 at 1:21 pm

[…] Read this article: Pregnant รขโ‚ฌโ€œ It's Official รขโ‚ฌโ€ Our Ordinary Life […]

8. Amanda @MommyMandy on November 5, 2011 at 1:03 pm

HUGS, your MIL is still watching over you just like Dad is. I am sure she is very proud of you guys. I am excited that you and I will have THREE little ones running around lol.

between you, me and Shannon… 8 babies.. 8 wonderful children added to our family!

It’s amazing how life turns out, and your right we say goodbye to life and welcome new life.

9. LindsayDianne on November 5, 2011 at 11:58 am

This time, let’s make it incredibly happy, okay?
    You and me will overshadow the negatives with our happiness!
    BABY!!!

10. Samantha on November 5, 2011 at 11:11 am

Congratulations! May is a wonderful time for a baby! I hear you on the bittersweet… my dad passed away before my kids were born, and I just know he would have been the most amazing granddad ever. We’re thinking about expanding our family more, and it always makes me a little sad inside to know that they won’t know him. ๐Ÿ™