My Invisalign Journey – Starting Treatment

Today was finally the day, after weeks of waiting I anxiously went into my orthodontist to get my trays and start my Invisalign treatment. I was slightly shocked when I was told I needed 12 attachments. Attachments are the little buttons they place on your teeth which allow Invisalign to actually rotate teeth. They help do heavy lifting!

My husband so kindly took this photo for you all.

I was getting my attachments glued into place. The hygienist helping with my treatment immediately commented on my teeth. “You have beautiful teeth.” Um excuse me? I’m here getting them fixed I thought, but I’ve had my orthodontist, dentist and other hygienists tell me how great my teeth are. They’re big I guess. Bigger is more beautiful?

I’m not too hip on tooth beauty these days.

Then you can see the buttons on my teeth, they aren’t that noticeable since they are tooth colored.

Me testing out my trays.

I’ll admit, you can feel your teeth being pushed. They’re a little sore. I mastered the tasking the Invisalign in and out in the matter of a few hours. Since my orthodontist gave me my five trays today I get to see where my teeth will be 5 trays from now. I can’t believe that my front teeth, the ones I’ve disliked my entire life will be straight by the end of December. I am amazed that it’s all happening so fast.

I go back in December to have my teeth shaped to make room for them coming together, and because the wear on my front teeth are different I’ll have to have those evened out as well. I’ve been waiting for this for so long.

I¬†received¬†complimentary Invisalign treatment as a member of the Mom’s Advisory Board.

1. Owen's Mom on October 25, 2011 at 4:30 pm

How exciting! I am sure the pain now will be worth it later… and your smile will look even more amazing than it does already.

2. Janet W. on October 23, 2011 at 3:04 am

Oh wow, can’t even tell your teeth are in the process of being straightened!! I love technology these days!! Good for you that you don’t have to wear those nasty medal braces!!

3. Becca on October 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Ooh good luck with your Invisalign! I started a little over 12 weeks ago and I love it! And I have 11 attachments so don’t feel bad about your 12.

4. courtney on October 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm

WOW Im take invisalign too.. been almost a year and i SO see a difference, but i gotta tell you being PREGNANT with invisalign is the worst.. flossing after everything you eat is such a HASSLE!!

5. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on October 16, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Squeee!!!!! Oh Kristin, so excited for you!!
    I cannot wait to read your entire story, I feel so happy for you!
    It’s going to be an incredible journey for you!

6. deb@lagniappemarketing.net on October 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

Awesome, Kristen.. I know you’re gonna be super pleased..

7. Kristin on October 14, 2011 at 9:38 am

Actually my teeth are so crooked I almost didn’t qualify for Invisalign, I have 4 rotated teeth and my front tooth overlaps a lot. In pictures my smile looks pretty straight but it is very far from that.

I’ve never hidden my smile though, even as much as I’ve disliked it.

8. Keonte' on October 14, 2011 at 7:36 am

Geez, your teeth looked amazing before in my opinion. I’m so glad this happened for you. It’s so much fun to laugh and smile. Now, you’ll be spreading a lot of cheer once the process is over. Yay, Kristin!