Living in the Pacific Northwest were all familiar with our favorite onion, the walla walla onion. Large in size and sweet in taste walla walla onions make for the perfect onion rings. Kaila was so excited about turning these onions into onion rings that she had some fun playing with the big circles the onions created.
|Beer Battered Walla Walla Onion Rings Recipe|| || |
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of your favorite beer
- 3 large onions, sliced into rings
- 1 cup oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, egg, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Gradually add beer, stirring, until a thick batter forms. Add more or less beer depending on the desired consistency of the batter.
- In a heavy frying pan heat oil (adjust amount, depending on the size of your pan, so that you have a couple of inches of oil) over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, dip onions in batter and fry, turning once to brown evenly on both sides. Drain on paper towels.