The First Day Of 1st Grade

I walked Kaila into school today, she asked me if she had to get her picture taken outside. I said yes so she turned into the sun and smiled wide for me. We then walked into the school she took my hand and held it to her classroom. As we walked up to her class she gave my hand a squeeze.

Right away her new teacher Miss Cobain greeted her, asking her if she;d like to help with something in the classroom. I gave her a hug and kiss and walked out the door and anxiously returned back home. All day I couldn’t help but think about what her day was going like.

I waited for her at the bus stop only to find she was on the wrong bus. I’ll admit it was all my fault, I wrote the bus stop by the wrong bus number. {doh!} Luckily her bus driver whom we know well called and found her on the other bus. She had no idea anything had happened as she stepped off the bus. Whew!

She told me about finding her friends at recess and lunch, and how she finally got to check out a book at the library. She’s excited for technology tomorrow and for lunch with her friends. She’s got her outfit out already for day 2!

1. Stacy Bourns on September 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I envy parents with easy, peaceful drop offs! My kids have always had a hard time separating, although it did get better around first grade for my oldest. I’m glad that you got the bus problem figured out so quickly, too–it’s good to know the right people! I hope she has a wonderful first grade year. 🙂

2. Toni Marie Caravello on September 20, 2011 at 5:38 am

My little Lila is only 14 months and I love dropping her at nursery – she loves playing with kids and watching them play. I can’t wait for her first day of school preschool and first grade and all that. I never had that as a child. I was homeschooled until age 4 and then went to first grade early. Didn’t like it very much. But loved learning. I hope my little girl is the same… well I hope she likes it and likes to learn too.

3. courtney on September 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm

aww so cute! what an adorable skirt!

4. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on September 16, 2011 at 6:15 am

Awe – good for her!! Hope she has a wonderful year!

5. Terri S. on September 7, 2011 at 3:15 pm

It sounds like Kaila’s 1st day in first grade was terrific! My granddaughter starts first grade next week and I hope it goes as smoothly as Kaila’s except for the bus mix-up. 🙂

6. Amanda @MommyMandy on September 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I know, when I dropped Sarah off in Mrs. Poarch’s class I knew she would have a blast but that is my baby! I guess I am lucky because I got to see her at lunchtime and she told me about all the fun she was having.

Kaila is going to LOVE first grade. It’s so much fun!!