Last week we swabbed our Brooklin’s nursery to find out just how filled with germs her living area is and yesterday we got the results LIVE during a party at my house. In front of everyone Dr. Tanner Skyped the results of my swab test which I am actually really pleased about. Granted, my doorknobs need a good cleaning and the rails of her crib could use a wipe down more often my home was pretty clean.
That’s excluding the results from “mom’s choice swab” which was my garbage can. I plan on replacing that garbage can this week with a hand free motion system as my results for my garbage can were quite disturbing and it’s not like I don’t clean the garbage can.
During the party we discussing how well we’re all cleaning our nursery’s and what we could do to change things. Some of the moms discussed where we change our children and just how germ infected the diaper changing area can be. Parents who do have a changing table should be regularly disinfecting the area.
I also got a chance to show the moms at the party some of my favorite features of the Diaper Genie, we all agreed the double lock system is genius because when we think about diaper trashcans the most obvious concern is smell and how sanitary it is. I was able to show the moms just how sanitary the Diaper Genie is and they were all so excited to go home with one.Here’s a photo of me showing some of the moms some of my favorite features.
Uses the patented AIR-TITE System, a multi-layer odor barrier film technology and the Push-N-Lock clamp, to seal away odor better than the competition It features a double-clamp, air-lock design that helps prevent odors and germs from escaping to provide ultimate odor control.
- Easy-to-use, one-hand design unlike the original Diaper Genie System, no twisting is required; They have a hands free foot pedal on this model
- Pail holds more than 30 small diapers; Up to 38 newborn diapers
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use â€“ no batteries required:
Diaper Genie was kind enough to send all of the attendees plenty of swag including a Diaper genie system of their very own. Kaila and I had a lot of fun putting together the swag bags.
The moms were just thrilled with all of the goodies, Tina especially loved the mini-mouse.
All in all we all learned a little more about how to keep our children’s rooms/areas cleaner and maybe a lesson in areas that we lack. Dr. Tanner provided us with some clean and healthy tips for a germ free nursery which include information on the ABCs of disinfectants vs. cleaners. Did you know that cleaners remove soils but spread germs? To disinfect correctly in a nursery your baby should not be anywhere near the area you plan to clean, then spray or wipe the area with your disinfectant. Then you want to use a soft cloth to make sure you wipe us any residual disinfectant. Parents should also be disinfecting floors with small children in the home, although I think it’s a pretty good rule of thumb always.
There’s a lot of other tips but join Playtex Baby Thursday Sep 28th from 2-3EST for a Facebook Q&A with germ expert and microbiologist Dr. Tanner. He’ll be answering questions and giving advice to parents.
Playtex Baby (Diaper Genie) wanted to give everyone following our germ swab story at home a chance to win a swag bag of their very own.
Swag Bag Contains:
(1)PlaytexÂ® Diaper Genie II EliteÂ® Disposal System
(2) PlaytexÂ® Diaper Genie II EliteÂ® Refill boxes (3 refills per box)
(1) Pureguardian Clean2 UV-C Air Sanitizer & Hand Vac
(2) Canisters of Wet Ones
(3) Travel pack of Wet Ones
(1) $100 Gift certificate to Babies R Us
Follow These Rules For Entry:
- Tell me about how you keep your nursery clean? Have you owned a Diaper Genie what did you think about it?
Extra Entry Methods:
- Follow Playtex on Facebook
- join Playtex Baby Thursday Sep 28th from 2-3EST for a Facebook Q&A with germ expert and microbiologist Dr. Tanner and tell me one point he discussed
- BLOG ABOUT IT!!! 5 entries.
- Grab my banner (shoot me an email Iâ€™m willing to exchange banners) 1 entry.
- SUBSCRIBE: (located home page, right hand side) 2 entries.
- Gain an extra entry by tweeting and following me on twitter, becoming a Google follower, and also by sharing this giveaway on Facebook. Let me know in a comment if you can.
- Tweet once a day for an extra entry.
- ReTweet this post using the button for 3 entries.
- Remember: List this giveaway on any contest site for 3 entries.
- You can always leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry per post commented on. just go to â€œhomeâ€ posts are up front, please comment on all new posts and leave your extra entry comment)
- Giveaway ends Oct 5th
Playtex is paying me and providing the prizes for this promotion. This promotion is not sponsored or administered by Playtex. Any questions or comments regarding this promotion should be directed toward Our Ordinary Life. Please use my contact area to find details.