How Clean Is Your Nursery? My Diaper Genie II Elite Germ Swab Test

When I started to plan for baby #2 I knew I wanted a few things, among my list of wants was some sort of contraption to put dirty diapers in. I knew the smell, the stink, the nasty that was having a baby in diapers from my first so for my second I really wanted that diaper trashcan.

The Diaper Genie has to be one of the most extremely antibacterial items you can purchase for your baby’s nursery.Saying you put diapers in it parents want and need something more from their diaper trashcan. On a personal note I didn’t use this brand of diaper trashcan but after trying it out now there’s no comparison. What I really love about it is there’s an area that closes together which helps eliminate smells, and it really does!! My old one didn’t do this and I just love this feature.It’s completely hands free disposal and eliminates even more germs by being foot operated.

The refills come in packs of 50 which is just incredible and it’s compact design doesn’t take up much space. The bags also come with a odor-barrier technology that add an extra layer of protection. Saying that my Brooklin is still in diapers it’s not going anywhere yet and it’s easily replaced my old one.

I’m working with Diaper Genie on a special project to see just how dirty my little Brooklin’s nursery is. So we performed a number of tests to swab the area that Brooklin lives in. During the test we swabbed a number of areas.

Crib Swab

Toy Swab

Doorknob to her room swab & trashcan swab. (Mother’s choice swab)

Side rail of bring swab.

I’d like to think my home is a very clean home, but I do slack on wiping down things like toys. I’m actually really anxious about the results because we’ve sent them off to Dr. tanner to be analyzed. On Sunday me and my friends will gather in my home to find out the results LIVE! That means everyone is going to hear how dirty we are or are not. Gasp! I’ll be hosting a fun party and talking to you all more about how you can keep your child’s room cleaner and healthier.

So how do you think I fared?

I am being compensated for my time from Playtex thanks to this campaign with Mom It Forward.

1. Diaper Genie Party! | Pepper Scraps on October 2, 2011 at 2:44 pm

[…] that was decorated like a witches cauldron. We then sat around and watched the results from her nursey swabbing. Wow, am I glad my nursery didn’t get swabbed! LOL How impressive that the only place they […]

2. Emily Love on October 2, 2011 at 6:59 am

My baby isn’t here yet, but this really makes me think about how diligent I need to be when keeping the nursery clean!

3. My Diaper Genie Party – Win Your Own SWAG From The Party!! — Our Ordinary Life on September 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm

[…] Diaper Genie Party – Win Your Own SWAG From The Party!!"; var ubervu_style = "regular"; Last week we swabbed our Brooklin’s nursery to find out just how filled with germs her living area is and yesterday we got the results LIVE […]

4. malia p on September 26, 2011 at 1:09 am

interesting, i’m not sure i’d want to see what the results would be in my daughters room! lol

5. Sarah Hirsch on September 24, 2011 at 6:45 am

I don’t know how you fared, but I am not sure I would even want to know how I would fare… is there any amount of cleaning that will eliminate all germs? I know as soon as I clean my house the kids track dirt in right after…I’m sure that’s the same with germs

6. Janet W. on September 23, 2011 at 10:38 am

Can you come swab my house? As much as I don’t want to know the results… I do! Haha! I’m anxious to hear the results!

7. Eileen on September 23, 2011 at 6:27 am

I already know I would be doomed on testing. With 3 kids, a hubby, two dogs and other kids in and out…and now a baby coming in just two weeks or less, we do not scrub down germs nearly enough. We really need to step up or act. We DID however pick up a diaper Genie II just a few weeks ago and got it on sale at Target, with a coupon too! SO happy we dont have to deal with dipey smell and will be able to smell only the sweetness of a tiny little angel soon!

8. Jen-Eighty MPH Mom on September 22, 2011 at 8:38 am

Interesting – I can’t wait to hear the results! I know you are pretty darned clean, but even in the cleanest of homes there are always “things” lol.