Getting Out To Play & Playing at The Beach with My Kids

As summer draws to a end it feels like we’ve never really started summer. The heat the past two weeks has finally gotten warm enough to call it HOT. The beach is a great place to be which is a rare treat for the Pacific Northwest.

While with family this past weekend we finally got a chance to hit the beach. This summer hasn’t quite been normal for us, we lost two generations in the past 4 months so to say that we had a normal summer is an understatement but never the less it was so nice to enjoy the beach.

I wish I could have someone observe us all at play and take photos the way I do. I’m always missing in these photos but I know I was there. I watched them through my lens, together enjoying the day.

We love to find beaches with playgrounds. While its fun to play in the sand, my kids love to swing and climb on playground gear. With the sand, they are safe and can even run around with no shoes just having fun.

Nothing beats running free like a toddler. Getting out to play is important and playing at the beach is easy. The extra resistance of the sand creates for a great workout, both for kids and us parents.

Moving from the much cooler beaches to here in Southern California beaches has been a big change.

Do you have a favorite beach?

1. Jennifer Marie on November 29, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Wow-can we say beach NOW!…it is freezing here!

2. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on September 7, 2011 at 11:44 am

Those are such precious photos! I’m sooo in love with your camera, Kristin!

3. Faith on September 6, 2011 at 10:27 am

What an ADORABLE family you have!! I just love all the photos I have of my family when we went to the beach. I blogged about it here Maybe you’ll be able to have a lifestyle photographer follow you for an afternoon sometime.

4. courtney on September 6, 2011 at 6:23 am

i love the swing pic! by the way I love your new pic on your front blog page.. you look great!!!

5. Kristin on September 5, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Brooklin doesn’t stop. Unless she;s sleeping, she’s always into something.

Kaila enjoyed her name in the same until Brooklin walked all over it moments later. Poor kid. :/

6. Amanda @MommyMandy on September 5, 2011 at 11:26 pm

OMG I want to eat Brooklin up! I love that Brooklin is running around like a wild child and Kaila has a plan to write her name in the sand.

Awesome photos.