We have a pretty basic morning routine, I like to call it simple because it works for us. It’s important for children to develop healthy morning routines and we’ve explored how our routine works for us with the help of Disney over the past few weeks. With my kids if we make our routines fun and exciting then it seems to stick around. Take brushing their teeth for instance I have a few helpful tips to help with kids and what we call – teeth time!
- Brush your teeth together as a family! It’s much easier to keep everyone brushing if everyone does it together, it also allows me to give my toddler time to brush her own teeth.
- Give them some independence! My oldest is now six and while we still check her teeth we always allowed her to brush her own teeth. We do the same with our toddler and then we brush for her after she’s done.Â Doing this gives them practice too!
- Get a great mouthwash for kids! My oldest is finally able to use mouthwash and she can even do it by herself. It’s good for her teeth and she’s feeling confidant enough to do it on her own. Listerine Smart-Rinse for kids is awesome, plus it has Phineas & Ferb!!
- Routine! Brush at the same times every day.
- For Toddlers! Get a good tooth paste and brush for toddlers, we personally love the Winnie The Pooh versions. Allow your toddler to brush their dolls teeth, and then allow them to brush their own during family brush time. We LOVE Oral-B Stages that are also Winnie The Pooh and Princess themed.
I believe that creating healthy habits early in life provides the foundations for livelong healthy choices.Did you know that your kiddos need plenty of Vitmain D and a great way for kids to get that in the morning is with yogurt.Â A cup of yogurt and your child has had a healthy start to their day. Some mornings (as shown in the picture) I allow my kids to have juice with breakfast with a hearty egg, sausage, and potatoes. Other mornings we have sausage, eggs and yogurt. By giving me kids that choice on those mornings it allows them to make healthy guided decisions. Disney characters on our favorite yogurt and juice brands just make them that much more fun! Plus what toddler doesn’t want a Cars Juicebox?
My doctor suggested allowing my kids to have Vitamins in the morning. It keeps with the same theme of healthy morning habits. We have a vitamin before heading out the door in the morning. Disney Gummies aren’t even like the chalky vitamin my kids have been used to. They’re a helathy morning treat in many ways before we head out the door!
The thing about children is that they are who we make them, by allowing my kids to make their own decisions and yet develop a healthy sustainable routineÂ will allow them to become the person who does those things on their own. Giving them choices and the opportunity to express themselves will only help in the process, kids need to feel a sense of independence to make choices! These are just a few simple ways of how we have created a healthy morning routines.
How do you create routines with your children? Do you find teeth time to be a challenge?Â How are you creating healthy food habits?
I am a compensated Disney brand ambassador but this is my real life. Disney is just as passionate about living a healthy lifestyle as I am. All opinions and children are creations of my own.