Disney Second Screen transforms the movie watching experience by allowing viewers to explore the story behind the film perfectly synched on a second device, like an iPadâ„¢ or laptop, without interrupting their enjoyment of the movie. By accessing the Disney Second Screen companion application on their Internet-connected device, consumers are able to dive deeper into the film by engaging with key elements of the movie.
This groundbreaking new application allows users to interact with their Blu-rayâ„¢ player by simply starting the Blu-ray movie, and then syncing Second Screen to the film automatically by following the easy on-screen instructions. Once connected, they can explore interactive galleries, play games, and learn interesting facts about the scenes theyâ€™re watching.
The Lion King Diamond Edition, the third Disney title to feature the Second Screen technology, evolves the interactive experience with
4 brand new Second Screen features.
New â€“ An â€œinkâ€ functionality has been added to the Ink & Paint feature that lets you become the animator and trace designs of favorite characters, step by step. On the â€œpaintâ€ side you can color the characters in greater detail using pinch and zoom within 13 ink and paint games
New â€“ Second Screen goes social with features connected to Facebook and Twitter that allow you to â€œlikeâ€, check-in and share messages from characters and earn 21 achievements and rewards:
- Check in to 16 virtual movie locations, such as Pride Rock.
- 5 exclusive E-ticket rewards, based on the famed old Disney ride ticket booklets, that can be unlocked through participation in social features and can be redeemed for additional bonus content.
- Disney Second Screen Facebook app that tracks all of your achievements
Other features include:
- 350+ galleries featuring a look into the creation of Lion King with over 1000 images of storyboards, concept art and designs
- 50+ trivia facts
- 13 videos
- 5 deleted scene sequences
- 18 flipbooks
- 23 scene scramblers