With the weather clearing up here in Portland, Oregon family’s are looking for things to do. I’m going to search the net for activities every week for local parents.
Friday May 13th:
- Lady Bug Nature Walk Portland; 5/13; 10:00am; Walk through parks, gardens and natural areas. Touch slimy slugs, smell tree bark, feel crinkly and soft leaves, hear musical bird songs etc. Cost is $3 per toddler, adults are free! This weeks walk will happen at Cathedral Park.
- Creative Play At Isobels Clubhouse Portland; 5/13; 9:30am to 11:30am; As part of creative play, kids can dress up in costumes, play with toys, read stories, play games or create in the art space.
- Sing-Alongs With Mr. Ben–Portland; 5/13 at 10:00am to 11:00am. Free interactive educational show for kids and parents.
Saturday May 14th:
- Northwest National Park Family Day – Vancouver; 5/14; 10:00am to 3:00pm; Bring your family to this free, fun opportunity to interact in hands-on activities with rangers from several Northwest National Parks.
- 5th Annual St. Johns Bizarre Portland; 5/14; 10:00am to 6:00pm; The bizarre features local music, street performers, a vendors market, delicious food, kids crafts and more.
- Family Days At The Washington County Museum Portland; 5/14; Come participate in free family fun and crafts. Theme this year is Preservation Kites to fly and fish to print stories about Washington County then and now.
- Free Family Swim At Marshall Community Center – Vancouver; 5/14; 4:45pm to 6:30pm; Bauman Chiropractic is sponsoring free family swims at Marshall Pool Saturday evenings.
- Steves Creature Feature – Portland; 5/14; 12:00pm to 1:00pm; Explore the amazing world of reptiles with Steve!
- Leach Botanical Garden-Annual Childrens Nature Fair – Portland; 5/14; 10:00am to 2:00pm; Children of all ages are invited to spend a fun day exploring Leach Botanical Garden and learning about northwest plants and animals. $2 per child. Adults free.
- Rockaway Beach Kite Festival – Rockaway Beach; 5/14-5/15; 9:00am; Come celebrate kite interests ranging from kitebuilding to multi-line kite competition, from miniature kites, to aerial photography and more.
- Kids Saturday Morning Skate Session At Oaks Park Portland; 5/14; 10:30am to 12:00pm; For $5.50 children 10 and under can skate (skates included). Parents free with paid child admission.
- Molalla Spring Fling Sat 5/14 & Sun 5/15 from 10am – 5pm; Food, entertainment, vendors, plants & more
- Free Guided Nature Walk: Nest Tour 5/14; 10:00am to 11:30am; Join park rangers for a free guided nature hike Nest Tour.