Invisalign – Perfect For Teens

Hi, my name is Kristin. I am many things to many people. A “mama” to my two children, a wife to my husband, a sister, a former foster child who aged out of the system, and a friend to many. However you may not know of the shame, the embarrassment, the issues I try so hard to hide.

Hi, my name is Kristin and I hide my smile because I am ashamed of my teeth. I do a great job at hiding it, don’t I?

Growing up as a foster child I was not given the chance to have my teeth straightened. I wished and wished that it would happen but it could not. Under the care of the state cosmetic procedures are not allowed. However, I know what it feels like to be a teenager who lived with the insecurity of having horrible teeth. As a parent myself I know when my children come to that age I will not think twice!

For every parent who has ever had a child who has been told they needs braces, did you know that there is a clear alternative? Invisalign is the clear alternative!! What I think is great about a product like Invisalign is the ability to straighten teeth gradually over time with clear plastic aligners.

Invisalign has developed a product that is specifically designed for teens called Invisalign Teen. Invisalign knows that parents and teens need an alternative to braces and they’ve found a clear solution!

Reason’s why Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces:
  • Invisalign can effectively treat many of the same conditions that used to only require metal braces (underbites, overbites, crossbites, etc.)
  • Invisalign works the same way metal braces do which is moving teeth by applying pressure over time
  • Many people believe these plastic aligners are only suited for very mild (cosmetic-type) improvements, but with all of Invisalign’s technology advancements, Invisalign can actually treat many of the same conditions that were traditionally treated with metal braces
  • Invisalign is not only great for adults with whom metal is not an option, but Invisalign now has a product specifically developed for teen patients

One thing about teenagers is they want things that are easy. Invisalign is exactly that. Easy! It’s easy on parents too because you’ll never have to deal with emergency visits to the orthodontist, you’ll never have to dig bubble gum out of wire brackets either. It’s a fact there’s less chair time for teens too, as your teen will need less visits to the orthodontist for things like tightening.

Invisalign can help your teen live a more normal life. As I discussed in my video it will give your child a smile worth smiling about! Your teen will feel confidant and less focused on their teeth. They can have a normal smile without braces while using Invisalign.

The aligners are comfortable and durable, so it’s easy for teens to continue their favorite activities such as playing sports and musical instruments that can be challenging or uncomfortable with traditional metal braces. Teens can also take the aligners out to brush and floss so they can maintain normal, healthy hygiene during treatment and they can eat what they want!!

If your child has been told they are not an candidate for Invisalign I highly suggest you seek one of the Invisalign Preferred Providers which can be easily accessed on their website. Parents may not know but Invisalign can help correct problems you think can only be corrected by traditional metal braces.

You can also find Invisalign Teen on Facebook and Twitter.

Lets have a conversation, did you have braces or any teeth straightening procedure? What did you like or dislike about it? What do you know about Invisalign?

This is a sponsored post from Invisalign however this issue hits so close to home as someone who has lived with their teeth being crooked all their life. I could be chosen as a member of the Invisalign Mom Advisory Board which would greatly impact my life.

1. invisalign las vegas on September 27, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Getting used to the braces and brackets can cause sore areas in the mouth and gums. Special wax may need to be applied to these ulcerated areas. Invisalign technology now allows for straight teeth without all of the pain and hassle of its metal counterpart.

2. Invisalign Mom Advisory Board – #InvisalignMoms — Our Ordinary Life on July 26, 2011 at 10:41 pm

[…] that Invisalign was going to be there. See, I wrote about how Invisalign could change my life and how great it would be for teens. I knew one day I would get my teeth straightened and knew it would be within the next few years so […]

3. Martha Payne on April 17, 2011 at 2:16 am

I have had straight teeth for about 6 months my whole life. I went through about a year and a half with braces…6 months later, my wisdom teeth started coming in and wrecked everything. I’m not a teen, but I’d love to try invisalign.

4. Tiffany on April 15, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Yep, braces for 4 years. I loved that my teeth were straight after the fact. Didn’t love the canker sores, mouth full of metal, etc. My brother did invisalign and really liked it!

5. Louise on April 15, 2011 at 9:12 am

I know you would be perfect for them. You work very hard on everything you do and I already think you have a beautiful smile but if getting your teeth straightened would help, then I will do anything I can to help you become and ambassador for them.

6. Krista Swan on April 15, 2011 at 8:44 am

This is so great! I had braces as an adult, and it changed my life. I can only imagine what a difference this would have made to me as a teenager. I hope my kids don’t need any modifications, but if they have crooked teeth I will ABSOLUTELY do whatever it takes.
    Thanks for posting, Kristin!

7. Gosfam on April 14, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I went and saw an orthodontist when I was in high school, and even though 3 of my siblings had them. I learned I didn’t REALLY NEED them so I told my parents not to worry about it. I didn’t really think much about my teeth til adult life. Recently they have really been bothering me. I thankfully last year won an Invisalign giveaway and will get my treatment started in 6 weeks. I can’t wait.

8. Amanda @MommyMandy on April 14, 2011 at 6:17 pm

First off as someone who lived with you and knowing how much you have hated your teeth, hearing from the dentist how much it would cost to fix your teeth and not having the money to fix them, seeing your face when you were told “it’s not going to happen” really sucked!

As Samantha’s teeth grew in they were so crooked, they have straightened out a little but she may need braces, and as a parent I will do everything to make sure she has that self confidence.

Here is another thing to think about, even for parents who think that kids don’t need to get their kids teeth fix:

“When your teeth are crooked and crowded, it’s hard to keep them clean even when you’re very diligent about brushing and flossing. Chances are that over time you’ll develop periodontal disease. This means that your gums, which hold your teeth in place, get infected. In the most mild form, you develop gingivitis: Your gums become red and swollen and bleed easily when you brush your teeth. If gingivitis isn’t treated, after a while it can progress to periodontitis, which literally means “inflammation around the tooth.” The gums pull away from the teeth and form little pockets of infection from trapped food and bacteria. Infection activates your body’s immune system, which in turn attacks the bacteria. There’s a war going on in your mouth—and all wars cause a lot of damage. The ongoing battle between the bacteria and your immune system can start to break down the gums, connective tissue and bone that hold your teeth in place in your jaw.”

Now tell me, do you want to let your child have crooked teeth? It’s not JUST for the cosmetic aspect of straight teeth.

You would absolutely be a perfect Ambassador for Invisalign! I have seen your insecurities first hand and knowing how much you have wanted to get your teeth fix this would be such an awesome opportunity. It’s something that will make a difference for you!

9. Mrs. Cox on April 14, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I’ve never had braces my parents could not afford them even if I needed them {which judging by my overbite, I probably did}. I’ve heard great things about Invisalign though. Mat and I have always said, if any of our kids need braces, we’ll do whatever we can to get them Invisalign braces just for the self confidence impact they’d have.

10. Sandra on April 14, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I wish they had this when I had braces as a teen. It would have made my awkward stage a little bit easier 🙂 My daughter’s teeth are already coming in crooked and I was told by her dentist that she will have to get braces. I am glad that there is an alternative to “metal mouth.” I think that you would make a wonderful ambassador for Invisalign because this product would impact your life more than anything else you have done. Personally I would love to see you smile and be proud to show your teeth <3