My Birthday Weekend In Seattle & My Big Surprise

A few weeks ago my husband and I decided that we needed some time away. Just us, and since it was fast approaching February why not celebrate my birthday in Seattle. My husband got us a room at the Monaco Hotel in Seattle. We had planned to go out to dinner Friday night. My husband said we’d just find something and I knew you can always find a place so I went with it.

Then we got ready to go out, my husband said “there’s a ton of restaurants down this way.” I went along with it. I hopped in the cab and smiled at him as he held open the door. We then went “down that way.” Then I saw Camera World and joked about just going to look at stuff, next thing I know I looked up and say the Space Needle. Without thinking I said “let’s go up there!” Why not? We had wanted to go up during our trip anyhow so why not.

As we walked toward the doors he turned to me and said.

“Well actually we have reservations at 5:15”

And so began my perma grin.

What a wonderful surprise it was.

In the cab I was too busy taking pictures.

We enjoyed one of the most enjoyable dinners I’ve ever had and it is something I will never forget.

Here’s how the rest of our weekend went.

A few videos:

1. Stefanie on March 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Wow! What a great birthday surprise! Happy B-day…I am spending mine at Disney next week.

2. Liz on March 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Del did well! I’m glad you guys had a good time, and especially a happy birthday!!

3. TMobile MyTouch 4G Review — Our Ordinary Life on March 4, 2011 at 10:04 pm

[…] Check out the videos I took. […]

4. Amanda @MommyMandy on March 2, 2011 at 9:25 am

Looks like a beautiful and wonderful birthday weekend!

5. Mrs. Cox on March 1, 2011 at 9:48 pm

How fun! Nicely done by Del – always good to surprise the wife now and then 😉

6. LindsayDianne on March 1, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Seattle is a beautiful city. It is so similar to my home, and it’s kind of the go-to when you’re a young adult in Vancouver.
    I am so glad you had fun, and you’re looking SO SO happy, healthy and lovely.

I’m blessed to call you one of my friends, Kristin.
    Happy happy (belated) Birthday.

7. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More on March 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm

That’s an amazing surprise! Nice job by your hubby and happy birthday to you! The Space Needle holds a very special place in my heart because that is where my husband proposed to me; at the top on the observations deck. I’m so glad you had a nice weekend in my home town!